How many schools did you apply to ?

How many schools did you apply to?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How many schools did you apply to?

I am starting the application process and I'm conflicted about how many schools I want to apply to. I'm seriously looking at 7 schools, but this just seems like a high number. Also, I know it costs money to apply to each school:;;D: so I'm trying to play it smart. How many schools did you apply to? How many do you suggest applying to? For those who have applied, How many schools accepted you vs. the # of schools applied to?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hubbardtim48

Applied to 1 and accepted to 1 (first time), but I would apply to 2-3 schools if you are willing to move. I was unable to move so I just applied to the one and only program I wanted to go to. Good luck! :)

applied to 2 first cycle. one was out of state and a long shot(didn't get in), the other considered my file incomplete at the end of the first cycle because they didn't receive a transcript for 1 class from a community college course taken in high school. I reapplied to only that school the next yr and got in.

Guest hubbardtim48

Yes they sure do. We had an acceptance rate around 3%...God blessed me when I got that letter, but it is a true fact of life. Good luck et god bless! :)

Applied to 13 because this forum and a few "superstar applicant" friends had my perception of my ability to get in skewed. I wish I had applied to ~7 as I turned down an interview and went to several at schools that I didn't attend. It worked out that my "lower choice" schools all had interviews before my top choices so I spent a lot of money interviewing only to finally interview at my #1 and 2's last and am attending one of those. If you feel you are a decently strong applicant I'd apply to 5-7.

Guest hubbardtim48

You wouldn't be here if God did want you here. Judgement day will come and he will not find it funny that you are making fun of him. So, how did you get here? The big bang theory? Seriously people...please lets hear those great reasons your hear today on this wonderful Earth. For having a science background, how can one say that a star created us and not a higher power. So sad to see people like chiar and ander not educated enough on the bible. It really hurts my heart for you. At least look into God and if you want further discussions I would love you help you in your spiritual journey. :)

How condescending of you. I am literally laughing out loud at the last two comments! I'm sorry your heart hurts, hubbard. You may want to see your PCP about that.

Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but I thought this was the PA forum and not the "God exists" forum. This religious rhetoric is hilarious, and the assumptions are even more so.

You wouldn't be here if God did want you here. Judgement day will come and he will not find it funny that you are making fun of him. So, how did you get here? The big bang theory? Seriously people...please lets hear those great reasons your hear today on this wonderful Earth. For having a science background, how can one say that a star created us and not a higher power. So sad to see people like chiar and ander not educated enough on the bible. It really hurts my heart for you. At least look into God and if you want further discussions I would love you help you in your spiritual journey. :)

/vomit

Let's save the proselytization for a more appropriate outlet.

I'm serious here folks. personal feelings on the topic aside, this really needs to get back on track.

next person who criticizes someone else on this thread from either side gets an infraction. if repeated, they get banned.

don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry(insert incredible hulk image here)....:)

so, a question for those applying to 10+ schools...is this done because you like 10+ schools, meet their prereqs, and want to live in those areas or more as a hail mary because of bad grades and/or low experience?

as an adcom member I have seen many folks apply without even bothering to meet all the prereqs. those files go straight to the round file. I know someone who applied to 35 programs. talk about a waste of money. she later got into her first choice.

Archived