Barry class of 2023

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, KLRPrePA said:

Were you also accepted to the St. Pete campus? I’m from Orlando! Did my undergrad at USF and worked closely with some Barry students while I was a medical scribe 🙂 

Yes I’m going to St. Pete. I’m from California and did my undergrad at University of Utah ans have been living in Utah since then. I am excited for some warmer weather! 

5 hours ago, aspiringPAstudent94 said:

I know our program starts in August, but does anyone know the date or if it's early or late August?

I don’t think we have a date yet for this year, but I believe it’s late August! From previous years it looks like orientation is around mid august and then classes start shortly after! 

• Like 1

For those asking about interviews, I would just say to not be too worried about it! Obviously it’s a super stressful and anxiety provoking time, but I promise that everyone on the faculty is super nice and they really just try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. It would be in your best interest to look up standard interview questions, but like people have mentioned I don’t want to blatantly say the questions they asked. It’s also important to keep in mind that everyone’s interview is most likely different so even if I did tell you what I was asked you will probably be asked something different. Hope this helps - good luck!! 🙂 

So I’m filling out the immunization tracking form on American data bank right now and I’m just wondering if we need to be CPR certified right now? Because I know they only give us two weeks to complete everything after we submitted the deposit in full so I wasn’t sure if we had to get certified now or just before we start in August? 

1 hour ago, KLRPrePA said:

So I’m filling out the immunization tracking form on American data bank right now and I’m just wondering if we need to be CPR certified right now? Because I know they only give us two weeks to complete everything after we submitted the deposit in full so I wasn’t sure if we had to get certified now or just before we start in August? 

I believe it’s just the drug screening and background check with fingerprints that need to be completed within the two weeks! The initial email said that we need the immunizations before matriculation and the FAQ one said all health requirements by June 1! 

3 hours ago, brule said:

I believe it’s just the drug screening and background check with fingerprints that need to be completed within the two weeks! The initial email said that we need the immunizations before matriculation and the FAQ one said all health requirements by June 1! 

Oh perfect thank you! I was literally freaking out a little bit because I was like how am I going to do all of these things within 2 weeks while still going to work 5 days !! And is the FAQ in a separate email or are you talking about the one on their website ??

Edited by KLRPrePA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KLRPrePA said:

Oh perfect thank you! I was literally freaking out a little bit because I was like how am I going to do all of these things within 2 weeks while still going to work 5 days !! And is the FAQ in a separate email or are you talking about the one on their website ??

No prob! And I got a separate email a couple days ago called “Frequently Asked Questions - Complio Compliance” from Ms Spence! 

22 minutes ago, brule said:

No prob! And I got a separate email a couple days ago called “Frequently Asked Questions - Complio Compliance” from Ms Spence! 

Whatttt I did not get that email! Is there anyway you can send me screenshots or fwd to my email? I can PM you my number/email. I have to reach out to her anyway, but if I can have that ASAP that would be preferable lol 🙂