I just posted about Facebook groups for the class of 2020 on the main application cycle page. Right after I posted I saw this page! I will be attending the Miami Campus as well. I am so excited to meet everyone!!

Also, just a heads up I will be looking for roomies as it gets closer. I am not from Florida so I am looking to save money anywhere I can! 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys! I am a current first year (class of 2019) at Barry and would love to answer any questions you may have. I know the waiting process isn't easy and a lot of questions come up, so let me know! It may take me a few days to respond but I definitely will :) Congrats on getting accepted! 

10 hours ago, ecollent said:

When is the white coat ceremony? What safe communities around the university do students usually live and are there any places that we should avoid?

Our orientation was from Aug. 14-18th and the white coat ceremony was on the 1st day of orientation (yours will probably be around the same days). 

Everyone lives in different areas and I haven't heard of anyone having any issues safety-wise. Most common areas are Brickell, North Bay Village, and Aventura (those are also the pricier areas unless you have a roommate or two). The only area I would recommend to not live is directly west of school (Little Haiti) or Overtown. I'm living in an efficiency (a studio that's part of a larger house) in an area called the Roads and it takes me exactly 12 minutes to get to school. 

I'm actually a local (originally lived about 40 miles south of school so I decided to move closer for didactic year) so if you have any other questions about Miami let me know! 

Hi everyone!

I was accepted last week and can't wait to meet you guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew how the tuition worked? I know its $32,800 per year, but what about those last four months of school (didactic 2)?

I hope everyone has a great day!

To those who have paid their deposit, I am having trouble seeing how to do this online! I was given my student ID number with my acceptance letter, but when I login into myBarry, do not see where to make this payment. Anyone that can help?

1 hour ago, Morgan2940 said:

To those who have paid their deposit, I am having trouble seeing how to do this online! I was given my student ID number with my acceptance letter, but when I login into myBarry, do not see where to make this payment. Anyone that can help?

Have you already emailed ms.spence about the acceptance? she sends instructions on it all. This was in an email she sent me "

f you have not already done so, please follow the instructions on how to create a MyBarry account using the email address we have on file. If for whatever reason you create an account and do not see the option to make a payment, please allow 24-48 hours for your account to link to our system. If you still have issues after 48 hours, contact the HelpDesk(305-899-3604). Please explain that you have just been accepted to the PA Program and you are attempting to pay your enrollment deposit through MyBarry."

On 2/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, sndunham94 said:

Hi everyone!

I was accepted last week and can't wait to meet you guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew how the tuition worked? I know its $32,800 per year, but what about those last four months of school (didactic 2)?

I hope everyone has a great day!

4 months is 1/3 of a year, so it's approximately 11k.

I got accepted In January and I’ll be attending the Miami campus!! :) Im from West Palm Beach, FL about an hour north of the school and will be moving down to the area!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, interviewed the 19th, found out that following Wednesday I was accepted. Also, coming from Pennsylvania so all about the roommate situation. My uncle coaching football at Florida International, so I have eyes down there to check out places and where best not to stay. Congrats to everyone and I'm really excited to meet everyone! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PAgirl199
      Hey everyone! 

I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
    • By ascience19
      I have been accepted to two schools so far. I am getting very close to the deadline to decide which program I will attend and have put deposits down at both schools. I am having trouble making a final decision because I like both schools. Can anyone share advice as to what factors and criteria are most important in making my decision. 
      School A:   in-state, just below average PANCE, 1 clinical elective, longer didactic days, 4 semesters of didactic, 60 person class, no research paper. Friendly staff and very welcoming. I had a really good feeling being there and enjoyed how nice everyone was. School provides housing if rotations are very far. 
      School B:   out-of-state, above average PANCE with prep course, 2 clinical electives, 2 primary care rotations, shorter didactic days (more time to sleep/study), 3 semesters of didactic, 40 person class, research paper. I met less staff but I liked those I met. Had a good experience at interview but not amazing (MMI interviews). School does not provide housing for rotations, but seemed that most are local. 
      If anyone has any advice on choosing a program I would greatly appreciate it! 
    • By magboo
      Hello to all!

I am so indecisive & narrowed my options to Pace University and Northeastern University. The thing is, I have been accepted to Northeastern PA/MPH portion which is more expensive than the typical PA track. Also, I currently live in NYC so Pace will be financially convenient for me. However, I have heard good things about Northeastern's reputation & always wanted to move out of state. 
      If anyone has good advice, please let me know! THANK YOU
    • By mly3025
      Was just accepted off the waitlist from one of my top choice programs and boy does it feel good!! I'm not sure how much ranking plays but this was certainly a reach school for me. 
      Stats for this cycle: 
      27 y/o M 
      cGPA: 3.11
      sGPA: 3.22
      GRE: 309. 4.5 writing. 
      PCE: 4010 hours as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist 
      Shadowing: 18 hours with an OBGYN PA // 30 hours with a senior cardiology PA // 75 hours with a GI PA
      Volunteer: 100 hours at a senior center // 50 hours as an Anatomy & Physiology tutor. Thousands of hours in extracurriculars as a choreographer and public relations officer 
      LOR: MD director of our Nuclear stress lab, Senior Cardiology PA, Anatomy and Physiology professor 
      Degree: BS in Nuclear Medicine Technology 
      Interviews: 2 (still waiting to hear back from other programs) 
      Waitlisted: 1 
      Acceptances: 1
      Graduated undergrad in 2015 with a 2.9 cGPA and a 3.0 sGPA. 
      Retook \~55 credits and recieved a 3.8 post-bac sGPA with classes in biochemistry, microbiology, A/P, organic chemistry, gen bio, gen chem, psychology, genetics, and calculus to name a few
      It IS possible to get into PA school with a low gpa! I had zero interviews on my first cycle. I Improved my second-time application by making my PS a KILLER, improving PCE hours, and making myself look like a well-rounded applicant to make up for my low GPA. I was asked about my GPA right off the bat during both my interviews and how I planned on succeeding in a rigorous didactic program so be prepared to answer these types of questions! I also felt that what gave me an advantage over others was the fact that I am in a niche field and that as someone whos trained in nuclear medicine I am able to provide insight on these types of studies and help my peers understand/read nuclear studies! Don't be afraid to flex on certain characteristics on your profile that makes you unique! 
      Good luck everyone!
    • By rphinson
      Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!
      Who else has been offered a seat?
      I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.
      Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA? What neighborhoods are you looking at? Looking for roommates? Need information on Chicago? When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere? Where are you coming from? What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More