Eating during school

This is another weird question, but what tricks did you guys come up with to make time to eat? Especially with the early morning classes, and commuting. Did you just pack like 3 meals everyday? Cook dinner on the weekends for the whole week in advance?

I pack leftovers at times and use the fridge we have. I do cook large on Sundays in prep for the week. It can get expensive very quickly eating out daily. It can be done if you work at it. Oh and I also keep a stockpile of fruit in our classroom and apples on my desk. Perfect grab for a snack.

I never knew how exotic ramen could get till i tried tossing in various types of veggies. It could be the best $0.15 package of ramen you have ever had.

Ramen, green onions, spam, sriracha sauce, and crack an egg on top and allow to poach...BOMB-DOT-COM!

I would eat it with chopstix and a Chinese soup spoon to add to the ambience!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Ramen, green onions, spam, sriracha sauce, and crack an egg on top and allow to poach...BOMB-DOT-COM!

I would eat it with chopstix and a Chinese soup spoon to add to the ambience!

Ramen + broccoli and cherry tomatoes from my garden on the side get me through those long days. So much variety with ramen.

You can eat pretty well without cooking too. Greek yogurt with fruit and high-fiber cereal, salads with protein sides (cocktail shrimp, lunch meat, edamame, pre-cooked chicken), smoothies with protein powder, cheese and crackers. I rarely cook when I'm living alone and busy with school. Any of the above can be brought as a snack.

Look into crockpot recipes. Crockpots cook wonderful, tender food with pretty much no supervision required.

You guys are making me crave ramen. I love the stuff but I always feel so guilty eating it. Maybe if I put veggies in it I'll feel better about myself. :heheh: Go to an asian market and buy the ramen imported from Japan. It's probably a little more expensive but it's so much better.

In 2 of my rotations, drug reps have fed us most of the time. Those would be the small, private practices, vs. hospitals.

This has been the case on my first rotation. I haven't spent a dime on food the days I'm working. They don't skimp, either, LOL. If it's breakfast, it's omelettes and pancakes and fresh orange juice and coffee, not bagels. Problem is finding the time to sit down and eat it.

Every Sunday I made two big dishes to cover lunch and dinner for the week. I would divide the lunch into tupperware and also cut up and prepare any snacks and put them in tupperware. Each morning I just had to grab what I needed for the day and at dinner I just had to heat it up. Also, be sure to make time for breakfast.

Every Sunday I made two big dishes to cover lunch and dinner for the week. I would divide the lunch into tupperware and also cut up and prepare any snacks and put them in tupperware. Each morning I just had to grab what I needed for the day and at dinner I just had to heat it up. Also, be sure to make time for breakfast.

I really love this suggestion! Thank you everyone else too! Haha on the sudden ramen noodle enlightenment.i never thought to add things to it,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived