Publius international “residency” scam

https://publiusinternational.com/

please do not fall for this guys. It’s not a real residency, and we need to get ARC-PA or someone off their butt to start accrediting residencies again so new grads can stop being cheated out of their money.

@EMEDPA want to start an accrediting institution with me since arc-pa won’t? I’m tired of people saying “residency was a waste of time” when referring to these BS programs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

https://publiusinternational.com/

please do not fall for this guys. It’s not a real residency, and we need to get ARC-PA or someone off their butt to start accrediting residencies again so new grads can stop being cheated out of their money.

@EMEDPA want to start an accrediting institution with me since arc-pa won’t? I’m tired of people saying “residency was a waste of time” when referring to these BS programs.

So is APPAP more like a membership group for PA programs? I thought that was the accrediting body for PA programs...

4 hours ago, MSPAC2 said:

So is APPAP more like a membership group for PA programs? I thought that was the accrediting body for PA programs...

Correct. It has never accredited anything. It’s membership does have a few requirements such as both didactic and clinical experience, as well as offer at least a certificate/degree/academic credit of some type.

Bwahahaha...did you catch the part where if you are a board certified physician it counts as a fellowship in emergency medicine?

Jesus Christ. Who are these people?

Edit:

@LT_Oneal_PAC looks like he's one of yours (i.e. military), too many damn acronyms to be anything else https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-bott-57978391

Edited by MediMike

27 minutes ago, MediMike said:

Bwahahaha...did you catch the part where if you are a board certified physician it counts as a fellowship in emergency medicine?

Edit:

@LT_Oneal_PAC looks like he's one of yours (i.e. military), too many damn acronyms to be anything else https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-bott-57978391

Chair Force. I don’t claim him.

its just a joke my AF friends

It does sound like the ARC-PA is going to start accreditation of programs. I hear way too often that this hospital system or that hospital system has a "residency" and they are 3-6 months of on boarding. The only downfall is that there is a cost for accreditation and it sounds like 20k+. I'm doing an 18 month residency, two months in, it's been great but it's not a hand holding on boarding by anymeans 

2 hours ago, kettle said:

It does sound like the ARC-PA is going to start accreditation of programs. I hear way too often that this hospital system or that hospital system has a "residency" and they are 3-6 months of on boarding. The only downfall is that there is a cost for accreditation and it sounds like 20k+. I'm doing an 18 month residency, two months in, it's been great but it's not a hand holding on boarding by anymeans 

ARC-PA has said this for years. At least the past 4, and their requirements are weak honestly.

glad you picked a good one!

On 8/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, MediMike said:

Edit:

If you google him the only thing that comes up is his LinkedIn profile. Seems a little fishy. Usually someone with those qualifications would show up other places on the internet....

6 hours ago, TheFatMan said:

If you google him the only thing that comes up is his LinkedIn profile. Seems a little fishy. Usually someone with those qualifications would show up other places on the internet....

He actually posted on the Huddle recently. It's under the conversation about "Doctor in Clinical Medicine."

On 9/9/2020 at 1:49 PM, MSPAC2 said:

He actually posted on the Huddle recently. It's under the conversation about "Doctor in Clinical Medicine."

Dude, they are so full of BS. They also used the AAEM statement to advertise a “new” type of residency. Ugh, it’s this kind of crap why APPs don’t get taken seriously.

2 hours ago, TheFatMan said:

Their other fake organization has a website now, it seems. https://www.acempa.org/meet-the-board.html

The address listed where you can send a check for your membership fee is a single family home.

Yeah I googled a couple of the guys and didn't find much.

That address is to a lovely home on 3.5 acres, very reasonably priced too!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MediMike said:

Yeah I googled a couple of the guys and didn't find much.

That address is to a lovely home on 3.5 acres, very reasonably priced too!

These guys do have a bit of street cred: An EM residency grad , a former president of SEMPA, and the first director of the Army's Dsc EMPA residency. Still think it's a crock and wouldn't do it, but they have impressive CVs. 

6 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

These guys do have a bit of street cred: An EM residency grad , a former president of SEMPA, and the first director of the Army's Dsc EMPA residency. Still think it's a crock and wouldn't do it, but they have impressive CVs. 

Linus Pauling won two Nobel Prizes for his work in chemistry, but  yet he still somehow believed vitamin C cured terminal cancer. Sadly, and ironically, he died from prostate cancer after refusing to have his tumor resected. 😲

Edited by TheFatMan
  • Upvote 1