West Chester University

1 hour ago, 2020pabound said:

I just received my unofficial acceptance letter today after interviewing on 10/13!!! Literally sobbed. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

That's amazing!! Congrats on getting accepted! How long ago did you receive the unofficial acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from 10/13 interview. I hope they didn't give out all acceptances yet. I really really would love to go here. Congrats on your acceptance once again! 🙂

Edited by ryangrant4242

3 hours ago, ryangrant4242 said:

That's amazing!! Congrats on getting accepted! How long ago did you receive the unofficial acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from 10/13 interview. I hope they didn't give out all acceptances yet. I really really would love to go here. Congrats on your acceptance once again! 🙂

I heard back around 2:00 today!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone ! I received an official acceptance last week after interviewing 11/17! I will be declining my seat at the program as I was accepted to one of my top choices. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else! It seems like a really great program starting, congrats to everyone joining it! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bwall said:

Hey everyone ! I received an official acceptance last week after interviewing 11/17! I will be declining my seat at the program as I was accepted to one of my top choices. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else! It seems like a really great program starting, congrats to everyone joining it! 

You received an acceptance a week ago from the 11/17 interview? I interviewed 10/13 and still haven't heard anything back.

@MarissaC2 you said they accepted - past tense - 27? That's the entire class size as reported on their website. Does that mean their selections have already been made or was that a typo? I have been corresponding with Amy regarding updates to my application and she vaguely hinted at a Spring interview (I still have prereqs outstanding but will be completed in the Spring) but if they've already accepted 27 people, why are they still interviewing? 

Hi all! Anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites? I was verified by CASPA in the first week of July, but just received an email from West Chester 4 days ago stating that my application is now verified and will be considered. Thought this was a tad odd since I've conversed with them multiple times via email with updates and they said that it had been added to my file. Trying to stay positive 🙂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, katetaylor2 said:

Hi all! Anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites? I was verified by CASPA in the first week of July, but just received an email from West Chester 4 days ago stating that my application is now verified and will be considered. Thought this was a tad odd since I've conversed with them multiple times via email with updates and they said that it had been added to my file. Trying to stay positive 🙂

Honestly there's no way to find out in my opinion. I interviewed 10/13 (9.5 weeks ago), when they said 3-4 weeks max, and still haven't heard anything. What's funny though is a few weeks ago they accepted someone from my group (so took 6.5 weeks total). I messaged them right after that and they said "we are finishing up decisions from 10/13 and will get back to you within the next few business days." That was about 3 weeks ago. I messaged them a few days ago to follow up again since it was 3 weeks when they said a few days, and they haven't even responded from that.

What's also funny is that it took them like 6.5 weeks to accept the one person from my group when they said 3-4 weeks max. Furthermore, it only took like 2 weeks for them to give an acceptance to someone from the November interview. 🙂 So some people are luckier than others. Some people only have to wait like 2 weeks, while some are waiting 9.5 weeks and counting.

Inconsistent and unprofessional in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, katetaylor2 said:

Hey! I would try to stay positive. They are getting a new program off the ground and running so I am sure they have a lot to do in that regard. They mentioned to my interview group that they just recently got new software that would allow them to send official acceptance letters, so it’s possible maybe they just got the ability to send official confirmation emails as well? I’m sure they have had your app and all your updates if you have conversed with them through email 🙂 try your best to think positively! I know this process is brutal, but you’re not alone! We’re all in this together. 

12 minutes ago, davis5an said:

Hey! I would try to stay positive. They are getting a new program off the ground and running so I am sure they have a lot to do in that regard. They mentioned to my interview group that they just recently got new software that would allow them to send official acceptance letters, so it’s possible maybe they just got the ability to send official confirmation emails as well? I’m sure they have had your app and all your updates if you have conversed with them through email 🙂 try your best to think positively! I know this process is brutal, but you’re not alone! We’re all in this together. 

Hi! Was your interview group recent? If so did they mention anything about sending out another round of acceptance/denial letters soon? I know in my interview group (11/17) they told us when they were reaching out to the interview group that went before us (10/13). Just curious/trying to get a time frame on when to hear back 🙂 thanks in advance!