Shout out to 2012 applicants!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how many interviews are typically granted per cycle?

luscritr, the PA I shadow is an alumnus from WSU who was asked to be a community PA for our interviews and she was only offered Oct 19, Oct 26, and Nov 2. This, to me, implies that those are the only dates, but she decided early on that she was not going to participate so perhaps she was never informed of later add-on dates (if they exist). Hope that gives you some clarity!

So here we are, just a few days away for some of us. How are you all preparing? I've been interviewing myself in the mirror, and practiced with a friend and with my wife. Having had multiple careers, I've been through interviews many times before, but this one will be the most important yet! Are there any potential interview questions any of you are having a tough time with? My interview is at 2:00 on the 19th, but I will be getting to campus probably around 10:00 just so I don't have to stress during the commute, and give myself some time to get comfortable before I get started. If anybody is interested in meeting up on campus on Friday to talk through a couple interview questions, PM me. Best of luck to you all!

hey mkels.. mine's coming up too on the 19th.. YIKES!! My interview is at 12:30. I want to be on campus by at least 11 sice I'll be crossing the border (hopefully it won't be busy!).. I've been reviewing some possible interview questions but haven't practiced yet infront of someone. I will however start practicing tomorrow.

Ok.. all I gotta say is that I'm glad it's over. I think next time I should take a beta-blocker before walking into an interview. It was very nerve wracking! The tour and presentation were great. The questions were typical and what you would normally expect. The only thing is that I got extremely nervous and probably forgot half of what I wanna say and could've answered some questions better.... but anyway, if I don't make it through then I'll consider it as a great learning experience for me :)

My interview was today too! I actually thought some of the interview questions were a little "out there" compared to my other interview I had at a different school. I was asked to define some particular medical terms that I honestly had never heard of before! I can't even tell you what they were at this point! The questions most likely vary depending on who you are interviewing with, but this definitely made my interview very nerve-wracking! Good luck to everyone interviewing in the weeks to come :)

I actually enjoyed the interview. There weren't any questions that I felt were "out there," but as Balsam88 said, it probably depends on who you interview with, and perhaps your background. KNS, is there anything about your experience or something that would make them doubt your medical terminology knowledge? Well, I wish the best for all of you, and hope the best for those that have yet to interview. Be yourself, and RELAX... they just want to get to know you. BTW, they are interviewing 120 applicants, out of about 400 that were qualified applicants. So if you have / had an interview you should feel good about yourself. Again, best of luck to everyone!

Well, now that the rush is gone, I am starting to second guess myself. I keep telling myself not to, but it is pretty easy to look back and think of better ways to answer the questions. It's no secret that they ask about the laws regarding PA practice, which I certainly prepared for, but now I'm like "dang, I should have said more.". Oh well, what's done is done and I can't go back... I just don't know how I am goin to survive potentially two more months of not knowing!!!

Congrats to those of you who have interviewed already, I must say I am quite jealous. I am ready to be able to breathe again! I am preparing for basically any question they could possibly ask, but I am curious about some other aspects of the interview... How was the tour, what parts of the program did they take you to? What was the structure of the interview did they tell you what parts you were to do first (example: tour, essay, interview questions)? How long did each part of the interview take? These seem like silly questions but it helps to know what I am getting into so I can feel comfortable and focus on nailing it!

efhalsey: the day starts with a powerpoint presentation by the current students in the PA classroom. They talk about the class schedule, clinical rotations, etc. It was pretty nice and informative. Then you get to ask questions. After the presentation we got about half an hour to write the essay. Then they split the group into 2 halves. The first half go for their interview and the second half go to the tour. Each was about half an hour, then they alternate. You interview with a faculty member and a community PA. The tour was basically of the classroom and the building. They take you to the library, the cafeteria and show you a few other things. Good luck!

Archived