Shout out to 2012 applicants!

I interviewed today! Quite the experience... The general information powerpoint with students and the tour was really laid back and very informative. The essay was easy to answer and nothing to worry about. Think about how you want to answer and be concise and thorough. The current PA students were very empathetic and tried their best to calm nerves and encourage us before our interviews. I was one of the very first people in my group today to interview. I was pretty nervous, but I think most people are. The faculty and community PA were very nice and asked the normal questions. I didn't have any off the wall questions which was nice. No matter how much you prepare, I think in the moment you are bound to forget a few things or wish you had said something differently or elaborated more. I had a few moments that I wish I could have tackled better but thats ok! My advice would be to smile, try to take your time and think about answering before just opening your mouth. It may seem as if the interviewers are "too serious" or intimidating but everyone is human, and everyone in that interview room has been in your position before and knows how it feels. Remember: you already meet their requirements and they like how you look on paper, just be yourself, prove to them you are serious about this opportunity, and have fun with it. Good luck to everyone yet to interview and for those of us who are now playing the waiting game. :)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My interview was on the 26th as well and I agree with efhalsey. I think I was literally the last person to interview, but it was not bad at all and I felt very comfortable. Thanks to all of the current PA students who took the time to answer our questions and be there for us in this stressful process. Best of luck to everyone! :))

Congrats to both of you for getting through. Welcome to the grueling wait! I felt that the interview experience was very positive and also thought that the current students were extremely helpful and helped to calm our collective nerves. It looks like last year they gave notice of acceptance in mid November. I'm not expecting it that early this year though. Some students were saying that the accreditation process will most likely push back notifications.

I also interviewed on the 26th! The questions definitely didn't feel out of left field, but I have very little interview experience so I have huge doubts about how I did. My interviewers were completely non-conversational and stoic and that really wracked my nerves. I think my voice even cracked a little! That has never happened to me before! My advice to anyone still to interview on the 2nd is to STAY CALM. I got so worked up on how much I wanted to do well that I think it defeated me. Don't make that mistake! You got an interview so they already want you! Just reassure them that you're a great candidate. :)

Hello everyone, my interview is coming up on Nov 2. Im extremely nervous and have never been through the interview process? Did they ask you many situational questions and did you feel like they were drilling you? Ive read and tried to prepare myself for many questions but get the feeling they are going to stump me with something i wasnt prepared for.

Lexy, they did ask me a couple situational questions: one that was a hypothetical ethical question, and one about my own experience. The best approach is to just answer honestly and be yourself. I can't stress this enough. If they stump you, take a moment to collect your thoughts and proceed with the best you can do. Just stay positive, and let your excitement to be there show. They want to know YOU. Good luck and don't stress out about it.

Well, we are about a week away from the date that people were informed last year. However, I'm not keeping my hopes up that we will know that soon. This post is pretty pointless, but the quiet has been killing me. Has anybody here interviewed elsewhere and heard back?

I don't think they said anything about the survey to my group. I wonder if this survey is something that is going out to just a certain number of applicants. I am glad I know about it now because I would have been so let down if I received an email from WSU thinking that it was the notification and then it turned out to be a survey. Now I at least know to expect the survey email first!

Archived