Pt. called that tested pos. for covid 19.

Again I ask why are we testing asymtomatic patients??  I work in a lab where the volume of testing has gone up dramatically why because people are going on vacation and want to know they are negative.  Does this makes sense?  Sorry slightly off topic.  I would tell them to watch for fever SOB maybe buy an O2 sat and watch for declining #.  Per CDC they have to quarantine for 7-14 days.  

• Upvote 1

all elective procedures are now getting testing

contact tracings are getting tested

tell them

2 week self quarantine, test is not 100% accurate but he best we have

mask 100%

do not go around old, young, infirm

PROTECT their community by masking and droplet precautions x 14 days 

"this too shall pass"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Again I ask why are we testing asymtomatic patients??  I work in a lab where the volume of testing has gone up dramatically why because people are going on vacation and want to know they are negative.  Does this makes sense?  Sorry slightly off topic.  I would tell them to watch for fever SOB maybe buy an O2 sat and watch for declining #.  Per CDC they have to quarantine for 7-14 days.  

Well... There's a difference between "asymptomatic" and "pre-symptomatic" if someone is exposed to known covid + person they should be tested.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Many airlines are requiring a test to board a plane. Alaska Airlines is one. 

For some reason folks think an elective fishing trip is a good idea right now.

Some local clinics in our area are offering $99 preflight or return to work tests.

Some local companies are requiring a test if employee has traveled or been out from work for whatever reason or potentially exposed.

I am fine with testing whomever wants to be tested as long as they will do with the results what is best for the community. And realizing that the test is a day in time - could be incubating, could get exposed tomorrow. 

We have a local guy in jail right now for refusing to self isolate with symptoms and a positive test. Our local health officer filed the warrant. Dude is a moron who doesn't think this is a thing but has symptoms and a positive test to boot. Can't fix stupid but you can jail Typhoid Ted. Waste of resources but necessary when our society as a whole isn't catching on to this. 

Back to OP - Patient could be asx spreader/carrier.  MUST self isolate. DO NOT LEAVE HOME. Take daily temps and keep record. Stay in one room and bathroom at home. Mask at all times if near family. DO NOT GO INTO THE HOME KITCHEN. Take food to person. Wash immediately in dishwasher or really hot water and soap. Family wears masks and gloves when handling dishes, etc. Family should limit all contact. Seek medical care for worsening symptoms including SOB, dyspnea, markedly low or high blood sugars in response to illness. Just being in the house isn't enough unless lives alone. Clean the house like grandma is coming - doorknobs, light switches, etc - use proper products that will kill virus. Wash sheets and towels every 2-3 days - use high heat in dryer. Shower daily or every other day - keep up hygiene. Consider chucking the toothbrush like we do with strep throat. 

Sounds dumb but folks need line by line instructions on this. 

• Like 1