FGCU 2020-2021 Cycle

The FGCU Physician Assistant Program is pleased to announce our CASPA application cycle will open June 1, 2020 and close January 15, 2021. We have not made any changes to our program admission requirements or prerequisites this cycle.

Our complete admission requirements, frequently asked questions, and virtual information session may be viewed on the program website: https://www.fgcu.edu/mariebcollege/healthsciences/physicianassistantstudies-mpas.aspx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, ProgDirector said:

The FGCU Physician Assistant Program is pleased to announce our CASPA application cycle will open June 1, 2020 and close January 15, 2021. We have not made any changes to our program admission requirements or prerequisites this cycle.

Our complete admission requirements, frequently asked questions, and virtual information session may be viewed on the program website: https://www.fgcu.edu/mariebcollege/healthsciences/physicianassistantstudies-mpas.aspx

There is not an option to apply for Fall 2021 on the FGCU graduate application. Should we just do Summer 2021 instead?

19 hours ago, ProgDirector said:

The FGCU graduate fall 2021 applications will be available soon. You can submit the FGCU application after the CASPA application.

If I have one last outstanding prerequisite that will be completed by the end of the summer, do I send an updated transcript to CASPA and you guys can tell I completed it even though CASPA wont verify it? (I’ve already gone through the verification process). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, ProgDirector said:

GRE scores only need to be sent through CASPA. You do not need to send a second copy to FGCU.

Oh, that's great to know! I thought online it said to sent to the school. Thanks. I submitted my CASPA yesterday, but for some reason I cannot open the FGCU graduate application. Do I have to wait to receive instructions from FGCU? 

I'm so sorry for the repeat question, but I just want to be certain that I'm not missing anything. My Eagle account still states that I need to send transcripts and GRE scores. I know GRE scores will be viewed on CASPA, but I wanted to confirm that I don't need to send extra transcripts directly to the program?

6 hours ago, cbacon25 said:

I'm so sorry for the repeat question, but I just want to be certain that I'm not missing anything. My Eagle account still states that I need to send transcripts and GRE scores. I know GRE scores will be viewed on CASPA, but I wanted to confirm that I don't need to send extra transcripts directly to the program?

I sent my GRE score just Incase. I know that every other program I’ve applied to have requested my official GRE score because what you put into CASPA isn’t official. I also got an email on the 21st saying that the program has received and reviewed me application and that it met all the program requirements and it would be forwarded for the faculty screening process. Hope this helps! 

19 hours ago, sml15c said:

I sent my GRE score just Incase. I know that every other program I’ve applied to have requested my official GRE score because what you put into CASPA isn’t official. I also got an email on the 21st saying that the program has received and reviewed me application and that it met all the program requirements and it would be forwarded for the faculty screening process. Hope this helps! 

My email stated not to. Also, the program director above says not to

AB5CC211-BE9E-43DA-A21C-FC50B14340A0.png

• 3 weeks later...

Can Progdirector shed some light on the LOR requirement requiring one be a PA. Im having immense difficulty making contacts with PAs in this health crisis. The few that have responded or I been recommended to, state that the health care systems they are employed by refuse to allow shadows or visitation of any kind. I have an MD, NP, and paramedic all of who Iv worked with but emailing a random PA seems to defeat the purpose of the LOR.

The Admission Committee believes to be successful in a PA Program, applicants must have a good overall experience and understanding of the physician assistant profession. The best way to have exposure to the profession is through shadowing and mentoring of a PA-C. For this reason, the programs feels strongly that all applicants submit a letter of recommendation from a PA-C. 

We understand and sympathize with the challenges of COVID-19 for applicants.  However, the PA program is not changing our admission requirements for this CASPA cycle.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...