UTRGV 2020/2021 APPLICATION CYCLE

16 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

To those who received emails yesterday that said they were unable to offer you a seat, did your status in self-service change or does it still say "Applied - under review by program"? 

Mine still says "applied - under review by program" but I think they just don't update it.. 

Did you receive 3 emails yesterday too with the last one saying "This message is intended for applicants who just (today) received a final decision. There is an error in the text. We will send an updated email with corrections to the typo" ?

Does that mean they're supposed to send one more email to further clarify their decision?

3 minutes ago, wannabeapac said:

Mine still says "applied - under review by program" but I think they just don't update it.. 

Did you receive 3 emails yesterday too with the last one saying "This message is intended for applicants who just (today) received a final decision. There is an error in the text. We will send an updated email with corrections to the typo" ?

Does that mean they're supposed to send one more email to further clarify their decision?

Last year after receiving my rejection email, self service updated to "decision made - not admitted". 

No, yesterday I only received the "oops" email that was sent to everyone, but nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, rrr2020 said:

Last year after receiving my rejection email, self service updated to "decision made - not admitted". 

No, yesterday I only received the "oops" email that was sent to everyone, but nothing else. 

Did they change it right away last time? Maybe in all of this mess they didn't change it quickly this time?

"Dear Applicant, This message is intended for applicants who just (today) received a final decision. There is an error in the text. We will send an updated email with corrections to the typo."

You received this one? Or the one with the interview error?

8 minutes ago, wannabeapac said:

Did they change it right away last time? Maybe in all of this mess they didn't change it quickly this time?

"Dear Applicant, This message is intended for applicants who just (today) received a final decision. There is an error in the text. We will send an updated email with corrections to the typo."

You received this one? Or the one with the interview error?

I received only the email the you have quoted. No other emails. That's why I'm a little confused. 

3 hours ago, Graceyyy said:

Hi everyone, i recently got accepted to my dream school so i’ll be rescinding my invitation at UTRGV. Hopefully one of you on the waiting list gets the spot 😊 does anyone know how to go about declining an acceptance?

Congratulations on getting into your dream school and thank you for letting us know! I’m on the waitlist and keep checking this page daily lol. Usually, people will send an email to the admissions committee kindly withdrawing their acceptance and thanking them for the opportunity. Just short and sweet, nothing crazy. Congrats again 😊

5 hours ago, pa9701 said:

Congratulations on getting into your dream school and thank you for letting us know! I’m on the waitlist and keep checking this page daily lol. Usually, people will send an email to the admissions committee kindly withdrawing their acceptance and thanking them for the opportunity. Just short and sweet, nothing crazy. Congrats again 😊

Great, thank you, i’ll do so today!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1