Hello everyone!

I am planning on reapplying this upcoming 2020-2021 cycle as a re-applicant. I recently opened my CASPA profile and noticed it saved all of my previous information from this past cycle, 2019-2020. Does anyone know if my CASPA application will close and reset before it opens again in April 2020? I would like to get a head start to update my application, but I don't want to waste my time if it is just going to reset soon and/or not save anything.

Thanks! 🤗

On 2/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, Mhodson014 said:

Hello everyone!

I am planning on reapplying this upcoming 2020-2021 cycle as a re-applicant. I recently opened my CASPA profile and noticed it saved all of my previous information from this past cycle, 2019-2020. Does anyone know if my CASPA application will close and reset before it opens again in April 2020? I would like to get a head start to update my application, but I don't want to waste my time if it is just going to reset soon and/or not save anything.

Thanks! 🤗

I think it saves the info as long as you dont submit. At least I hope that's the case. 

CASPA does close, but not until April. The 19-20 cycle is still open, so if you log in, it all looks the same.

When it does close and reopen, you will have the option to carry over some things into a re-applicant account, but other things (like your essay and LORs) cannot be saved. Submitting or not submitting makes no difference, if you carry stuff over you are considered a re-applicant and the rules for re-applicants apply to everyone:

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_CASPA_Application/Creating_and_Managing_Your_CASPA_Account/3_Use_an_Existing_CASPA_Account_to_Re-Apply