Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I would really appreciate if I can receive advice. I have an undergraduate GPA of 3.045 right now this is prior to my spring semester grades being placed in and I project my GPA to raise but I guess not much since I will mostly have A's and B's. I am also graduating in December so I have one more semester. What makes me nervous is that Yale requires prereq's that I don't have yet (Micro, A&P I AND II, and Biochem) but I have the statistics portion. Luckily, Yale doesn't require any labs for the prereq's. Yale's minimum GPA req is a 2.8 however, CASPA hasn't calculated my GPA yet and based on what I've heard a CASPA gpa is way lower than your transcript gpa and I want to be competitive. 

Not to mention that I am a psychology major which is already not the usual biology/chem. My major (science undergraduate) is a 3.5. 

My plans were this summer to take these classes at a community college while completing classes towards finishing my degree at my usual university. The reason for this is due to COVID-19 and my school deciding to continue remote learning via ZOOM. My university doesn't have the best science professors from what I heard and what I seen (taking chem which I got an A in). I figured community college whose curriculum is already set up as online would be much easier for me to pick u in and CHEAPER of course. I say all of this to ask if it makes since to put myself through all of this in the summer if I may not get an interview based on the fact that my regular GPA is 3.0 and even if I take all of these classes and receieve a 4.0 I doubt my CASPA gpa will be raised by that much.

My PCE (Paid) is 2000. 

Edited by Naonu1

11 minutes ago, hustleforthePAC said:

i had a 3.05 gpa and qualified for an interview with Yale in 2017. they’re really big on completing prereqs before their required date (back then it was October)  make sure you do well on the casper exam and know why Yale. prepare your supplemental questions too.

Oh wow! thanks so much. This kind of gives me hope. The final deadline is September 1st so my summer pre reqs would be finished by then. May I ask was the 3.05 gpa your CASPA gpa or your transcript gpa? 

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm new here and graduated 12 years ago in Biology with a 3.02. Therefore, I'm a non traditional student that has taken my education very seriously now that I'm older. Wish I had that mentality 12 years ago. I plan on retaking science classes that I received a "C" in within the next semester. I read all other post with these students with these high 3.8 GPA. All I can do is hope for the best and pray I can get into their online program.