what are my chances of getting an interview

hello,

i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

cGPA:3.3

sGPA: 2.97

Volunteering 1500

PCE 11280 hrs

HCE: 4500

shadow hours: 120

LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs

no GRE score, no research hrs

Your PCE hours are crazy high, but what are they in? As long as they are direct and preferred patient care experience for your programs, I see no problem there. You are highly competitive in that.

Not all schools require the GRE, and for schools that don't, they don't even ask for it so I do not believe it will hurt your application. It may just limit the schools you can apply to a bit, but I wouldn't worry too much about this otherwise.

Volunteering & shadowing is great, and so is your healthcare experience hours. If I were you, I'd try to diversify your LORs a bit (maybe get one from a professor to show how you are academically?), but having at least one from a PA is great.

I don't have any research hours myself and I've gotten 2 interviews so far so I don't think that is a large factor, especially if you have other highlights on your application.

Your cGPA is just OK, but your sGPA is a cause for concern. Make sure you meet the GPA cutoff before applying to any programs.

That being said, I think you have a solid chance as long as your GPA meets the minimum requirements and your type of PCE is accepted. I have seen a lot of stories on this forum of students who have average or low GPAs, but who get interviews due to a lot of direct patient care experience. I think if you apply strategically, you should at least get a few bites. 🙂