Waitlist Encouragement

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 9:47 PM, futurepasoni7 said:

Hey! Does anyone have positive stories of getting accepted off a waitlist? I'm starting to get discouraged that school isn't happening for me this go around. I'm preparing to not get in, but would love to hear success stories of people getting accepted this way. 

I'm right there with you. So far I've had two interviews and have been placed on two waitlists. Everyone is right, let's just go about our lives and continue to be hopeful and optimistic. I talked to my pre-PA advisor today and he said that we should be excited and thankful to be on a waitlist as opposed to discouraged and upset. There's always a chance that we could get in this cycle! Also, we'll have a better chance if the waitlist is based on rolling interview date since we interviewed in September, which is one of the earlier months. Keep your head up high! 

• Like 1

I just got off the waitlist from an application last cycle. Interviewed in November 2018 and starting next month! I know several people who have gotten in off the waitlist. My best advice though would be to keep working to improve your application for next cycle. You don’t want to get to April having to reapply and have nothing to add.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KGNH10 said:

I just got off the waitlist from an application last cycle. Interviewed in November 2018 and starting next month! I know several people who have gotten in off the waitlist. My best advice though would be to keep working to improve your application for next cycle. You don’t want to get to April having to reapply and have nothing to add.

OMG CONGRATS! That’s amazing! Good luck to you and thanks for the advice and encouragement 😄

• 1 month later...

I have interviewed at 3 schools. Waitlisted at 2 and haven't heard anything from the third. Good news is I was actually just taken off the wait-list at my dream school! I was told I was the first alternate. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. You don't know what spot you are on that wait-list plus you're on the wait-list and you DO still have a chance. Congrats and Good luck to everyone! Miracles do happen. 

• Like 1

This is my second time applying, one interview with a rejection last cycle. This cycle I had two interviews and was wait listed at both schools. I was on the wait list for almost three months before getting a call from one of the schools saying I was accepted!! Stay positive!!! When I got my wait list notifications this cycle I was devastated thinking it was basically a drawn out rejection. I started looking into other careers in the healthcare field and forming my 'plan B' when I got the call. Everything happens for a reason 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m so happy that I found this thread and read your experiences! I interviewed with 3 schools, got waitlist with two and the other program denied me. I have been beating myself up about this situation so it’s great to hear that I’m not alone. Thanks guys! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk