South College - Atlanta 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 3:39 PM, asong said:

Do you guys know if its too late to apply? I know the deadline the 01/15/19. Is it rolling admissions? 

There's no harm in trying! I was a pretty late applicant (very end of October) with super low PCE and just got an interview at the Knoxville campus, so it's definitely not impossible!

17 hours ago, Holly1483 said:

Has anyone applied to multiple campus sites for South College? I am wondering if it's allowed or looked down upon? Thanks in advance! It's late in the game and I am on two waitlists, but I am anxious I won't get in so decided to apply to other schools. 

I only applied to the Atlanta location, but you're allowed to apply to all of the sites if you want to!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 7:55 AM, hkohn2261 said:

I was just invited for an interview on 1/24/20. This is only my second interview so I appreciate all of the details you guys have provided thus far! Best of luck to you all, and hope to see some of you there:)

Hi, if you don’t mind can I ask when did you apply? I applied pretty late and I haven’t heard back anything yet.

17 hours ago, carolng233 said:

Hi, if you don’t mind can I ask when did you apply? I applied pretty late and I haven’t heard back anything yet.

I submitted all of my applications mid-August. I interviewed at Midwestern- Downers Grove in October, but got an email from South college sometime in the fall/early winter and they told me that they were still conducting interviews from Oct-May and essentially not to stress yet. I received my invitation to interview at South College on Monday morning around 8:45am. School doesn't start until September/October at the Atlanta campus so their interview schedule is a little later than the rest of the PA schools. I wouldn't stress just yet because it seems its a little early in their interview schedule! I thought I was late in the application cycle too and was surprised to get an interview. I'm sure your invitation will come in February or so:)

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:55 AM, hkohn2261 said:

I was just invited for an interview on 1/24/20. This is only my second interview so I appreciate all of the details you guys have provided thus far! Best of luck to you all, and hope to see some of you there:)

I was just invited to interview on that day too! This'll be my first interview and my anxiety is through the roof:/ I'm doing deep research into the school and going to jot down potential answers to common questions. My friend actually just got accepted there this cycle and she said compared to other programs, South's interview isn't as intense 

On 8/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, Kasi07 said:

Yes they have! And they were given the continued accreditation status under the Knoxville south college campus as a distance program. I am in their first class in Atlanta. So far I’ve been very happy with them. They really seem to have it together. 

Hi, I would love to know how your liking the program? Any pros and cons? 

I got accepted into 2 out of state programs and am having difficulty choosing between the both of them. I did already pay my deposit for south college

On 1/9/2020 at 2:44 PM, Noony said:

I was just invited to interview on that day too! This'll be my first interview and my anxiety is through the roof:/ I'm doing deep research into the school and going to jot down potential answers to common questions. My friend actually just got accepted there this cycle and she said compared to other programs, South's interview isn't as intense 

Its so normal to be nervous! My name is Haley and Ill be wearing a black suit and a red button up. Feel free to find me:) Thats awesome to know that it shouldnt be as bad! I did an MMI at Midwestern and it was nerve racking lol 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hill4400 said:

Probably jumping the gun, but I was curious as to whether anyone has set up a forum convo/FB group for accepted students? Regardless, I am excited to meet all of y'all who are starting in October!

I don’t think there’s a group yet. I’ve chatted with a few other accepted student here already, excited to meet y’all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Hmhguy95 said:

Does South College weigh the GRE heavily when considering applicants? I made a 157 on verbal but only 145 on quantitative and was wondering if a sub 150 score on one section would prevent me from getting an interview. I have a 3.67 gpa, 3.63 scigpa, and 2650 PCE hours. 

Hello! Congratulations on getting accepted! I wanted to ask if you ended up sub scoring your quant section of the GRE, and if you did how did that work? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sghnnm said:

Hello! Congratulations on getting accepted! I wanted to ask if you ended up sub scoring your quant section of the GRE, and if you did how did that work? Thanks!

Thank you! I actually didn’t even know you could sub score your gre scores. The gre doesn’t seem to be much a of a limiting factor in terms of getting an interview. Once you get an interview, it just comes down to the interview itself which I think is great. Some schools go back after and score your entire application after the interview. I got accepted at South College Nashville, so it may be slightly different at the other two campuses.