WMU Application Cycle 2019-2020

Hey there, 

I was wondering if I could apply to the program with my bachelors in progress? All of my pre reqs are completed and my pre req GPA is 3.8! I'll be done with my bachelors 12/2019! Thanks 🙂

Also I noticed in the forum from the 2018-2019 cycle people were posting their GRE scores, but CASPA states (as well as the WMU PA site) that it's not required. Is this new? Was it required last year? 

Edited by GailHoldst

On 6/26/2019 at 12:25 PM, GailHoldst said:

Hey there, 

I was wondering if I could apply to the program with my bachelors in progress? All of my pre reqs are completed and my pre req GPA is 3.8! I'll be done with my bachelors 12/2019! Thanks 🙂

Also I noticed in the forum from the 2018-2019 cycle people were posting their GRE scores, but CASPA states (as well as the WMU PA site) that it's not required. Is this new? Was it required last year? 

The GRE is still not needed and your degree needs to be done by the start of the program next fall. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, LaboratoryGeek said:

WMU received all my documents May 16th, 2019 and sent me an email June 4th 2019 stating I have all prereqs and they will review the CASPA and Supplemental application. 

It is NOW July 18th, 2019 and I have not heard anything back yet. 

Cumulative GPA: 3.69 

Published Honors Thesis

4040 Patient Care Hours

The earliest I’ve ever seen the interview process start (at least since 08) has been Aug and goes thru March

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, journey2pa said:

@ people saying they have an interview already- are you sure it’s for Western Michigan? I just called this morning and they said no updates 

Yes. I received an email from WMU last week for an invitation on the 13th but that’s the day of my wedding. They switched me to 9/20. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, journey2pa said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, did they contact you via email?

I submitted in the middle of June! Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.99

PCE: 1,300ish as an EMT

Shadowing: 20

Letters of rec: 1 from a professor, 1 from a work supervisor, and 1 from a PA

Lots of leadership experiences, teaching experiences, and around 500 hours of volunteering! 

I am excited and definitely nervous! Western is one of my top choices for sure!

Hi everyone!

I came across this event that will take place on 9/28/19 in Michigan and I wanted to share the link. WMU will be one of the programs in attendance (among a few other local ones)!

It could be a GREAT way to get your questions answered, or find out how you can improve your application for future cycles (if it should come to that), and network with other pre-PAs, PA-S, and PA-Cs in the area. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thepac-takes-detroit-tickets-70091765357

Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

On 8/21/2019 at 6:41 AM, Jcosek said:

Yes. I received an email from WMU last week for an invitation on the 13th but that’s the day of my wedding. They switched me to 9/20. 

Good Morning, congratulations on the invite. I also have an invitation for  Sept 20. I’m truly grateful for this opportunity but I might need to reschedule. How did you go about rescheduling. I’ll be flying in from out of state and need to make proper preparations. TIA! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mermaid5 said:

Good Morning, congratulations on the invite. I also have an invitation for  Sept 20. I’m truly grateful for this opportunity but I might need to reschedule. How did you go about rescheduling. I’ll be flying in from out of state and need to make proper preparations. TIA! 

I just mentioned that I was getting married the same day. Originally I was invited to interview on 9/13 but they asked me if I would switch to another day because of my wedding being the same day. I’m sure if you just email them they will be understanding. Good luck!! And congrats as well on your invitation 🙂

29 minutes ago, paperson170 said:

Hi guys! I just received an interview invite for the 20th as well. Does anyone mind sharing some tips? I’m so nervous and excited as this is my first interview!

Hey! Congrats on your invite! So exciting. I look forward to meeting you and everyone else that day. As far as preparing goes...I bought a book called 'Physician Assistant Interview Guide' by Savanah Perry of The PA Platform. The book has a ton of good info and goes over different interview styles and possible questions and how to answer them. It was a huge help. I also scheduled myself a mock interview on www.thepaplatform.com They are all practicing PA's and have experience working with admission boards. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...