WMU Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 1/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, evagichinga said:

I interview this Friday too!! The MMI interview type is freaking me out though😟

I actually accepted a position with a different school so I gave up my interview spot. Good luck tomorrow! The MMI is so much better than a standard interview in my opinion!!

13 hours ago, AnAspiringPA said:

They do their very best to make it as easy going for their interviewees as possible. Be honest and thoughtful with your answers and you will be fine. Be the best version of yourself and have fun. Best of luck to you! 

Thank you so much for the tip. 

4 hours ago, Sceal12 said:

I actually accepted a position with a different school so I gave up my interview spot. Good luck tomorrow! The MMI is so much better than a standard interview in my opinion!!

Congratulations!!! All the best in your journey. Thank you I am hoping to enjoy the experience.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, Footballstar said:

Got an interview for 2/7 

I'll see you there! I've read on here that the MMI isn't as bad as we think but it's still scaring me though!

Anybody have any last minute tips? I'm sure they don't want anyone sharing the exact questions but I have no clue what kind of scenarios to expect. 

6 minutes ago, kcmitch said:

I'll see you there! I've read on here that the MMI isn't as bad as we think but it's still scaring me though!

Anybody have any last minute tips? I'm sure they don't want anyone sharing the exact questions but I have no clue what kind of scenarios to expect. 

I got accepted Back in November. I LOVED their MMI, it was by far the best interview experience I’ve had. There wasn’t any tricks, just be yourself and take a deep breath. Good luck! 

6 minutes ago, Boz21 said:

I got accepted Back in November. I LOVED their MMI, it was by far the best interview experience I’ve had. There wasn’t any tricks, just be yourself and take a deep breath. Good luck! 

I second this! I interviewed in November and am rolled over (still waiting) but I LOVED this interview. It made me realize how wonderful all of the staff are and this was by far my best interview experience. They are all super friendly and make you feel so welcome. You’ve got this! 🙂

I interviewed over a month ago and was denied so I thought I would share the process in case they're still interviewing and anyone is nervous. 

1. The fist part of the day you are in a room where the director goes over the program with the interviewees. After his presentation he allows for time to ask questions. In a traditional interview you would ask any questions after the interview but you will not have time during the MMI section so this is the time to make a good first impression with him. Ask smart questions even if you know the answers. I knew basically everything about the program so I only had one or two questions but I would recommend asking more. 

2. The MMI interview section: 

***MODERATE EDIT TO REMOVE INTERVIEW SCENARIOS***

Overall you have an advantage if you have patient care experience that is "ranked" high in their ranking system. 

These are the questions I remember. I would go into more detail but don't have the time right now. If any one has questions feel free to ask. 

Edited by LT_Oneal_PAC

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Footballstar said:

I’m an alternate! Does anyone know how many there usually are? 

I’m in the same boat. Not sure how many they usually put on the list though. From reading other years of this forum it sounds like quite a few get taken off the alternate list. Keeping my hopes high 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼