WMU Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 10/2/2019 at 6:19 PM, Jennielg77 said:

I interviewed on the 20th and received my conditional acceptance today! It has been a long road to get here and I am so excited!

is the conditional based on a prerequisite you still have to take? i was told to send my updated transcript when i’m done with this one class at the end of the fall semester, but i’m afraid that everything’s filling up before then!!

19 hours ago, brynt said:

is the conditional based on a prerequisite you still have to take? i was told to send my updated transcript when i’m done with this one class at the end of the fall semester, but i’m afraid that everything’s filling up before then!!

For me it was just based on completing the required background check.  You have until Dec 1st to complete your prerequisites, so don’t get discouraged! They have 10 interview sessions so there is still plenty of time! 

On 10/16/2019 at 9:43 PM, SkeweredUvula said:

Anyone out there that received an interview or acceptance have high GPA and low PCE? 

Congrats to all!

I interviewed in September and haven't heard anything. I believe they are taking a break in interviews this month and resuming interview sessions in November. I have a 3.97 GPA and a little over 1000 PCE. However, my PCE are in 2-3 different areas and I compensated it by my leadership experiences and other things on my application. As long as you cover your weak spots with other strong suits so it balances out, you should be fine! GOOD LUCK!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Skasen2019 said:

Anyone who interviewed in October get an update yet? I know at my interview on October 2nd they said they will update us in early November after the second set of October interviews are through, so here I sit anxiously waiting thinking it‘s got to be coming soon! 

I received an email stating ‘although we are not offering you a seat at this time we will be rolling your application into the next set of interviews’. Some of the other people that interviewed on the same day as me got rejection letters already also. When did you interview? I was on 9/20. 

1 hour ago, Jcosek said:

I received an email stating ‘although we are not offering you a seat at this time we will be rolling your application into the next set of interviews’. Some of the other people that interviewed on the same day as me got rejection letters already also. When did you interview? I was on 9/20. 

I interviewed on 9/13 and received the same email as you about 2 weeks after the interview. I know their seats are definitely filling up, a couple of my friends received an acceptance from there and put down their deposit. However, I know those same people are still interviewing at other schools this month, so there's a lot of shuffling with the candidates! Good luck and hopefully we both hear some good news soon.

57 minutes ago, JacKasmi94 said:

Ahhhh I just received my conditional acceptance now!!!! Best day of my life! Also, I interviewed 10/2 for anyone wondering.

Congrats!! So exciting 🙂 What is your experience and GPA if you don’t mind sharing? Did you get an email after your interview saying they were rolling your application into the next set of interviewees?

1 hour ago, JacKasmi94 said:

Ahhhh I just received my conditional acceptance now!!!! Best day of my life! Also, I interviewed 10/2 for anyone wondering.

Congrats!!!! I heard that you are given 2 minutes to review the prompt and 8 minutes to discuss it. 8 minutes seems like a long time to discuss something in a MMI, did you find that to be the case? Were you allowed to ask questions about it? Were there any times when you finish before that? If so did they ask you to leave or did you just sit there? Sorry for all the questions just getting a feel of the interview process and what to expect. Thank you in advance & congrats again!!!

2 hours ago, Jcosek said:

Congrats!! So exciting 🙂 What is your experience and GPA if you don’t mind sharing? Did you get an email after your interview saying they were rolling your application into the next set of interviewees?

Thank you! This acceptance was the first email I received since my interview. I’m currently finishing my undergrad BSBS at WSU. I have 7000 hours as emergency technician and 1000 as a patient sitter. I volunteered as a medic at a little league baseball stadium, and I started my own tutoring organization for students with learning disabilities. I have other miscellaneous volunteer hours around 1.5k. My cGPA is 3.53 and sGPA 3.27. I really thought my GPA was going to stop me from being getting into PA school, but I think they look at the whole applicant, and take all of our essays and experience into consideration!

Edited by JacKasmi94

3 hours ago, JacKasmi94 said:

I also received my conditional acceptance today and interviewed on the 2nd as well! Congrats! 

I know a lot of people were wondering stats of people accepted so mine are below:

GPA: ~3.75

science GPA ~3.9

last 60 GPA ~4.0

~2500 patient care hours as a resident aid in a home for adults with multiple severe disabilities

~700 patient care hours as a nurse tech in the observation unit of the ED

~700 patient care hours as a nurse tech in the neonatal ICU (NICU)

volunteered at a local harm reduction agency focused on overdose and HIV prevention (don’t remember hours).

Attending GVSU right now finishing my undergrad in April 2020 in allied health science.

on the executive board for GVSUs Pre-PA club for the 2019-2020 school year

i also have a 3 year old and husband which I was nervous would hinder me from getting into places with them thinking how would I handle it, so if anyone is worried about that don’t be - just bring it up, embrace that part of your life, and tell them how you plan to handle it/how you’re currently handling it. 

the interview was not nearly as bad as I thought and they made it really comfortable. Actually I kind of enjoyed it 😂

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, JacKasmi94 said:

I will be turning down my acceptance because I was just accepted to a school much closer to home that will not require me to move. I honestly think Western was the best interview experience I had all cycle, and sincerely hope that my seat goes to one of you waiting! Good luck everyone!!!

I have an interview scheduled for December the 6th. My stats are very similar to your stats. I also went to Wayne State and received a BS in biological sciences but with less patient care hours and a lot of research (including a publication). Would you be willing to go into depth about the interview process? I went to an informations session were they mentioned 7 "mini" interviews. What exactly do those consist of and who was responsible for each interview section?

5 hours ago, Footballstar said:

If I have a prerequisite course in progress for fall 2019 completion, am I missing out on an opportunity to interview? 

It doesn’t mean you can’t interview. Your application just isn’t considered complete until the course is finished and your final grade is submitted. Deadline to submit final grades is December 31st I believe. After the course grade is submitted to pa_info@wmich.edu you will be eligible for an interview. Just remember that the deadline for the application to be turned in is December 1st. So you must have your CASPA and supplemental application turned in and paid for by that date as well. I hope this helped and good luck!! 

I just got the email they received all of my application materials on Monday. Does anyone know how long it takes them to go through and see if I meet all their requirements? Also does anyone know if they are holding any more interviews? 

this is my third cycle applying to them ; have interviewed twice ; so I’m hoping 😕