WMU Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 9/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, paperson170 said:

Hi guys! I just received an interview invite for the 20th as well. Does anyone mind sharing some tips? I’m so nervous and excited as this is my first interview!

Hello! For those that already interviewed what was the general interview format? Was it MMI style, traditional,  or group interview? And was there a writing assignment? Any tips or things to prepare for? This will be greatly appreciated 

• Upvote 1

I got an invite to the October 2nd interview as well! I've heard that in previous years it was MMI style, so I'm assuming it will be the same? It's my first interview and the MMI seems daunting to me. If anyone has tips it would be greatly appreciated! Also there is a writing assignment according to the email I received (or maybe it was on the website - I can't recall). 

On 9/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, Mermaid5 said:

Hello! For those that already interviewed what was the general interview format? Was it MMI style, traditional,  or group interview? And was there a writing assignment? Any tips or things to prepare for? This will be greatly appreciated 

It was MMI style and there was a writing sample! The topic for the writing sample wasn’t too hard, I think they just wanted to see how you write. As for the actual interview, there were 7 stations and you had 2 minutes to review the prompt, then 8 minutes to speak with the interviewer. They were super nice and made us all feel very relaxed! My group ended up enjoying the interview format. Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jennielg77 said:

I interviewed on the 20th and received my conditional acceptance today! It has been a long road to get here and I am so excited!

Huge congrats! I was interviewed that day as well. My application is getting rolled into the next set of interviews. 

What was your GPA and experience if you don’t mind me asking? 

4 minutes ago, Jcosek said:

Huge congrats! I was interviewed that day as well. My application is getting rolled into the next set of interviews. 

Thank you so much! My GPA is 3.5, but my last 60 credits GPA is around 3.8, and I have 18 years experience as a surgical tech/first assist. Western is the only school I applied to because I can't move due to my husband's job and my family. I'm old, lol! I applied last year and did not get an interview. I applied late last year (October) because I was finishing classes.  From what I have read, having your application rolled into the next round is a good thing, and they often accept those people! I hope you don't have to wait too long for an answer! Good luck!!!

I'm with you friend, my application is being rolled in with the next set as well!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rh28goblue said:

Has anyone who applied at the beginning of August (or later) gotten an interview invite yet?

I applied on Aug 8, and just interviewed yesterday. I wouldn’t worry too much though, they told us that there will likely be 7 more rounds of invites sent out, and that choosing the invites is an involved process that requires multiple rounds of vetting.

Also for everyone with their application being rolled over to the next round, we should all just stay positive and hopeful because that will be the majority of us! At least that’s what I’m trying to do, good luck everyone!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ljerib said:

I've been caught up with extra classes I'm taking, a new job, and having moved to the east side of the state! Is it too late to send in my supplemental app? 😅

Congrats to those accepted so far!! So happy to hear!

You still have plenty of time. The deadline isn’t until December 1st I believe.