WMU Application Cycle 2019-2020

2 hours ago, mackjohn11 said:

I interviewed 2/7 and I just received an email saying I was placed on the alternate list. Anyone know how many people usually get accepted from the alternate list?

Not really a way to know unfortunately. It changes year to year. I’ve looked at past years and it seems to fluctuate quite a bit. I’m in the same boat. 

I emailed and asked but they won't share the number of people on the alternate list. But they said they interviewed about 15% of 700 applicants which equals about 105. 40 were accepted, some were rejected so I would guess the alternate list is around 40? Just a guess but we all need to stay positive!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MyBones said:

Anyone that was accepted care to share their stats? I'm applying this year!

Thanks!

I got my BS in biological sciences at U of M Dearborn. I graduated with a 3.9 (obviously took a lot of science courses). I had around 1600 hours of being a Nursing Assistant at the hospital at the time of interview. I spent around 200 hours of volunteering with different orgs. I did research in undergrad. I had some shadowing experience. A PA i shadowed, a professor, and my boss wrote me letters. Any other info you want? 

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone that has been accepted off the alternate list, do you know how far into the list they've gone? I don't know if you've communicated with your classmates about it. I just have a growing anxiety over getting in, even though I'm still in the running. 

No, sorry. I have no idea where I was on the alternative list or how they determine who comes off other than seats opening up. Keep in mind that they take people off the list throughout the summer and sometimes up to the week before class starts. Good luck!

6 hours ago, kcmitch said:

Anyone that has been accepted off the alternate list, do you know how far into the list they've gone? I don't know if you've communicated with your classmates about it. I just have a growing anxiety over getting in, even though I'm still in the running. 

I'm on the alternate list as well and I haven't heard anything either. Though I'm curious if the COVID-19 situation has them backed up in terms of informing people. However, I'm hesitant to ask directly, as they specifically instructed us not to contact them during orientation...I guess we can only wait and cross our fingers!

Edited by mackjohn11

I'm on the alternate list as well and I haven't heard anything either. Though I'm curious if the COVID-19 situation has them backed up in terms of informing people. However, I'm hesitant to ask directly, as they specifically instructed us not to contact them during orientation...I guess we can only wait and cross our fingers!

It took the school longer than expected to process my graduate application. The pandemic and switching over to distance learning definitely had an impact on many programs. I’m not sure if you live in Michigan, but the state was hit pretty hard with coronavirus cases. I would wait to contact them at least until restrictions start to lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...