Rocky Vista University Colorado 2019-2020 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, cgentry447 said:

Received an acceptance yesterday via e-mail. It's not too late! I know a few schools don't require an acceptance until the end of January, so there's still a lot of room for movement off the waitlist. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Congratulations!! Did you email them or do anything additional to communicate with them while you were on the waitlist? 

On 12/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, CoCaPA said:

Congratulations!! Did you email them or do anything additional to communicate with them while you were on the waitlist? 

Hello! I did not. I did some research and it seemed as though the consensus was to not reach out to the program once you're waitlisted unless they specifically request more information. Which was hard to do.

My favorite PA I ever worked with was waitlisted at three schools, and got into one program three weeks before it began and a second two weeks before it began. So as much as it's possible to do so, try to keep your life flexible so that you can say yes up until the day the program starts. I'm rooting for you CoCaPA!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, cgentry447 said:

Hello! I did not. I did some research and it seemed as though the consensus was to not reach out to the program once you're waitlisted unless they specifically request more information. Which was hard to do.

My favorite PA I ever worked with was waitlisted at three schools, and got into one program three weeks before it began and a second two weeks before it began. So as much as it's possible to do so, try to keep your life flexible so that you can say yes up until the day the program starts. I'm rooting for you CoCaPA!

Thank you so much for the support and advice!! You’ll be an amazing PA!

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, PA20KA said:

For those who received an interview/were accepted last year, I was wondering if you took the PA-CAT? I know they say its "highly recommended" but I don't think I'm going to take it this year. I'm not sure if it's worth applying without taking it?

Hey! The PA-CAT is brand new as of 2020. I believe the very first tests are this May. It’s hard to say if it’s worth it since it is so new, but their “highly recommended coursework” is also very comparable to other programs required coursework. Hope this helps! 

5 minutes ago, jordyniooss said:

Hey! The PA-CAT is brand new as of 2020. I believe the very first tests are this May. It’s hard to say if it’s worth it since it is so new, but their “highly recommended coursework” is also very comparable to other programs required coursework. Hope this helps! 

I didn't realize it is new, thank you! I might take my chances then, maybe they'll be lenient due to covid 🙂

• 4 weeks later...