Rocky Vista University Colorado 2019-2020 Cycle

Follow-up I was originally not going to apply here but I am considering it now. But I am wondering if its not worth it since the priority deadline has passed and I am not that competitive when its comes to PCE..... Any advice at all would be great!!! 

Personally I would cut my losses on this one. Especially with rolling schools this late in the cycle. I am on a huge budget and applying to RVU was a stretch considering the $100 supp fee, $55 CASPA, and $27 for GRE. However if you’re confident in your essay writing, I would say go for it if money isn’t an issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/28/2019 at 2:27 AM, sshheellbb said:

Has anyone recieved a rejection letter yet? I paid the supplemental fee mid July and still haven’t heard anything so I think Im headed that way.

I haven’t heard anything either 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:18 AM, sshheellbb said:

Has anyone recieved a rejection letter yet? I paid the supplemental fee mid July and still haven’t heard anything so I think Im headed that way.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:01 PM, Burritobenito said:

Submitted my supplementary application today, looking forward to hopefully interviewing again and actually getting in this time. Good luck everyone!

Hey @Burritobenito do you mind sharing what your interview experience was like last year? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Hello everyone! I was accepted to RVU's PA Program during the 2018-2019 cycle and just started classes this week. I remember how stressed out I felt during the application process (especially the days leading up to interviews), so I thought I'd come on here and answer some questions! Please feel free to reach out on this forum or through private message. To those that have been offered interviews, congratulations and good luck! And to those of you that are still waiting for a response, hang in there!

29 minutes ago, microbio19 said:

Hey! I have an interview on Sept 26! Congrats on getting into the program!!! That’s so exciting! Could you tell me the style of interviews and type of questions they asked. That would be so helpful! I’m coming from out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've attached a link to RVU's PA Program website below. If you expand the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) tab, they briefly mention interviews. As stated on the site, "Each applicant will participate in 2 individual interviews and 1 group interview. A tour of campus will be provided." I can't provide too much detail in regards to which specific questions were asked during interviews (so as not to give applicants on this forum an advantage over others), but faculty did split us up into smaller groups that rotated between individual and group interviews throughout the day. Hope that helps!

RVU PA Program website link: http://www.rvu.edu/rvu-co/mpas/

Edited by stefkat

On 9/5/2019 at 3:00 PM, stefkat said:

Hello everyone! I was accepted to RVU's PA Program during the 2018-2019 cycle and just started classes this week. I remember how stressed out I felt during the application process (especially the days leading up to interviews), so I thought I'd come on here and answer some questions! Please feel free to reach out on this forum or through private message. To those that have been offered interviews, congratulations and good luck! And to those of you that are still waiting for a response, hang in there!

Do you remember when you were offered an interview and when you were verified? And also, do you think the school values experience or GPA or looks more of the whole applicant? Thank you!

On 9/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, madip said:

Do you remember when you were offered an interview and when you were verified? And also, do you think the school values experience or GPA or looks more of the whole applicant? Thank you!

I don't remember the exact date, but I think that I was offered an interview sometime in mid-July. Interviews were conducted between the beginning of November through December, so they're interviewing earlier this cycle than they have for previous cycles (woohoo!!) I truly believe that RVU takes all of those factors (GPA, GRE, clinical experiences, etc.) into account, and as a result, my classmates and I are all very diverse in regards to the knowledge, experiences, and personalities that we bring to the program.

Edited by stefkat

1 hour ago, Faggiolaccio said:

I have a question that maybe another applicant might be able to answer. I checked in the MyVista portal today and a new section was added that hadn't been there before. "Withdraw application". Does anyone know if the appearance of this tab has any significance? 

Just checked and shows the same on mine. I have no idea what this means. I was too afraid to click on the link too so not sure if this should be alarming or not 

1 hour ago, Faggiolaccio said:

I have a question that maybe another applicant might be able to answer. I checked in the MyVista portal today and a new section was added that hadn't been there before. "Withdraw application". Does anyone know if the appearance of this tab has any significance? 

I have the same thing. Curious about this too. 

2 hours ago, Faggiolaccio said:

I know that interviews have not been conducted yet, however I first noticed the "Withdraw application" option after I received my acceptance. My guess is that it means that the program has received all/some of your necessary application materials and is simply giving you the option to withdraw your application at any point. I'm not 100% confident in that, but I'm sure that you could reach out to faculty regarding this.

Hello all! Super late to the game but I submitted my app 6/4/19 and received an interview 7/10/19. My interview is slated for 9/26 8-12, so I'll see some of you there! SUPER excited to meet you all - I know this whole process will be a great experience and an opportunity to meet some truly brilliant people! This is my top school for sure!

To everyone applying and interviewing, this was truly one of my best interviewing experiences.  Do not worry too much and just be yourself.  They said we will hear back once all of the interviews have been done which I really appreciate even though I interviewed during the first session🙂 I think this all gives us all the same chance!  So excited and best of luck!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EyeSeeU said:

Hello all! Like others before me, I came quite late to the game here. Verified 8/28 and fee paid 9/5. I emailed the school to see if I would still be considered and they said yes. Guess I deserve my silent treatment 😆! Best of luck to everyone!

I had the exact same submittal and supplemental fee dates.  I, too, emailed the school today and got the same response that those of us who applied late will still be considered.  Fingers crossed!!