2019-2020 Application Cycle (Philly campus)

@taraliskaaa That matches up with what I've heard. I have a close friend in the D.O. program and he said the interview group sizes were around 8-10 people, and that interviews are done individually.

@SecondTime  Sure!

B.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.58

Patient Contact Hours: 6000+ (EMT, Urgent Care Tech, Phlebotomist)

Evaluations: 5 (2 Work, 3 Academic)

Shadowing done with a PA in the ER

My GPA is definitely the weakest aspect of my application (Especially for PCOM) , but I think a handful of solid references were my saving grace. If you have any other questions, please let me know! Hopefully you get an offer for an interview soon.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SecondTime said:

For those of you getting interview invites, do you mind sharing your stats?

BS Biomedical Science 

Overall GPA: 3.95 

Science GPA: 4.0 

Patient/Health Experience: 2000+ hours (too lazy to go and count I just know it’s past that) 

Evaluations: 3

no PA shadowing (because it’s damn near impossible in NYC) 

I have a ton of leadership/ volunteer/ mentoring/ teaching/ tutoring experience, which I have committed 5-6 years to. 

Honestly speaking, worry less about stats and just focus on what sets YOU apart from everyone else applying as you can see other people have lower academic stats than I do, but they compensate with other things in their profile that I may lack in. 

• Like 2

@SecondTime

BS in Athletic Training; I have done 1 year of AT work and I am now working as a physician extender for spine surgeons.

GPA: 3.72

Science GPA: 3.69

Patient Care: 2,000+ (as an AT, physician extender, working with an NP, mission trip to Costa Rica)

Evaluations: 5 ( 2 academic, 1 preceptor, 1 PA, 1 NP)

PA Shadowing: 500 (Shadowed in plastic surgery, general surgery)

In my undergrad I held a lot of leadership roles on campus and was very involved. I was also an athlete and I've heard that many universities like that because it shows a lot of qualities such as time management. So if you were an athlete make sure you put some emphasis on that! 

I agree, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and you have to see what is going to set you apart from everyone else. I also think that getting your application in early can really benefit you as a lot of schools are rolling admissions! If you have any other questions let me know! Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SonoToPA said:

@aarmst25 I did not receive a completed app email, either.  I also submitted late August and completed supplemental 9/9.  

Same here! I'm thinking about reaching out to them, but I know in the portal it says due to their volume of applications it can take up to 15 business days for the application to be marked as "complete"