2019-2020 Application Cycle (Philly campus)

On 9/21/2019 at 12:07 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

@taraliskaaa That matches up with what I've heard. I have a close friend in the D.O. program and he said the interview group sizes were around 8-10 people, and that interviews are done individually.

@SecondTime  Sure!

B.S. in Medical Laboratory Sciences and Biotechnology

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.58

Patient Contact Hours: 6000+ (EMT, Urgent Care Tech, Phlebotomist)

Evaluations: 5 (2 Work, 3 Academic)

Shadowing done with a PA in the ER

My GPA is definitely the weakest aspect of my application (Especially for PCOM) , but I think a handful of solid references were my saving grace. If you have any other questions, please let me know! Hopefully you get an offer for an interview soon.

Andrew is that you? It's Vivienne 😄 Congrats on receiving interview! I just went to their interview on Tuesday. Still waiting to hear back from them

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 11:37 AM, vhn003 said:

is there anyone who applied September  and invited  for interview. If so can you share when did you get the invitation ?  

if they are calling students who applied late how this rolling admission works, tho you have decent GPA 3.55 and applied first ? I just want to understand the process.I applied mid September, I didn't hear anything from them.  

Thank you for your insights !🥰

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HelaAspiringPA said:

is there anyone who applied September  and invited  for interview. If so can you share when did you get the invitation ?  

if they are calling students who applied late how this rolling admission works, tho you have decent GPA 3.55 and applied first ? I just want to understand the process.I applied mid September, I didn't hear anything from them.  

Thank you for your insights !🥰

I applied and got confirmation since July 1st but did get an interview invite until late October. PCOM starts their application viewing pretty late compared to other. But they don’t call interview based on the submission date. If you have an outstanding application they will invite you to interview first then work down the list. Hope this helps 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jmr6548 said:

Congratulations!! I have an interview in a few days and I am hoping to be a fellow classmate!! Are there any interview tips for PCOM you would be willing to share? I saw previously mentioned that personal experiences for answers should be avoided, is that valid?

Congrats on your interview invitation! I don't know where you saw that you should avoid personal experiences but I talked about tons of experiences I had that involved medical accomplishments and even stories as being a barista to being an EMT and PCA or even experiences regarding my musicality and I got accepted. So as far as tips, I would definitely say be your self and think of the interview as a conversation but this is the place to be a bit more bold in answers and almost like a "show off" but not too much if you understand that? You want to be extremely confident in all your answers, avoid saying sorry if for some reason they do not understand your answer or you made a mistake. I think every interviewer at PCOM is different however too. I was interviewed by a PA, a PA student, and the admissions counselor and I got asked no questions regarding why PCOM or why PA haha, they told me to forget all of my "prepared answers" and such and just talk to them normally. I do recommend to research the school and mission statement and even what osteopathic medicine is just in case but you'll do fine!

PS. It is an open application interview so they have your full CASPA in front of them to go off of so be prepared to answer questions regarding your personal statement, transcripts, and shadowing experiences!

• Like 2

Guest CApplicantT

When I emailed them asking for an update on my application (I applied in May and have still not heard anything back) the automated response that is sent states "Application status information is not provided at any time.". I was wondering if there are any current students here or those that have been accepted that know when they interview through

Edited by CCApplicantCT

On 9/24/2019 at 8:35 PM, admatos said:

Same here! I'm thinking about reaching out to them, but I know in the portal it says due to their volume of applications it can take up to 15 business days for the application to be marked as "complete"

I called them yesterday in the admissions office and they told me applications are under review. People receive interviews based on how competitive they are based on the pool. They said they will be sending out interviews into Feb. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, Bio97 said:

Congrats on your interview invitation! I don't know where you saw that you should avoid personal experiences but I talked about tons of experiences I had that involved medical accomplishments and even stories as being a barista to being an EMT and PCA or even experiences regarding my musicality and I got accepted. So as far as tips, I would definitely say be your self and think of the interview as a conversation but this is the place to be a bit more bold in answers and almost like a "show off" but not too much if you understand that? You want to be extremely confident in all your answers, avoid saying sorry if for some reason they do not understand your answer or you made a mistake. I think every interviewer at PCOM is different however too. I was interviewed by a PA, a PA student, and the admissions counselor and I got asked no questions regarding why PCOM or why PA haha, they told me to forget all of my "prepared answers" and such and just talk to them normally. I do recommend to research the school and mission statement and even what osteopathic medicine is just in case but you'll do fine!

PS. It is an open application interview so they have your full CASPA in front of them to go off of so be prepared to answer questions regarding your personal statement, transcripts, and shadowing experiences!

Thank you for this thorough response!  I recently received an interview invitation and am super excited and nervous for it. 

• Like 1