2019-2020 Application Cycle (Philly campus)

Hi!

Can any current students give me specific information about the possible clinical rotation sites? I know that PCOM will provide housing for rotations more than 60 miles away from campus, which is great. Do most students travel this far for one or more rotations? Is it possible to have all local rotations near Philadelphia? I'm not worried about the distance, but more so about the travel expenses for flights/train rides/gas etc. 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, rs1995 said:

Accepted/Interviewed student: Can you guys please share your stats, such as GPA, HCE, Miscellaneous achievements. Thank you so much in advance.

Sure thing, do know that if you can't get a high GPA, always go for more experience and achievements, of course make you to have grades that match the prerequisite standards on PCOM or any PA programs website!

Overall GPA: 3.86 

Science GPA: 3.91 

HCE/Patient care hours: 780 hours 

PA and Physician Shadowing: 36 hours 

Very poor scores on the GRE which I will also add I got denied by all schools who require the GRE which shows you that those schools take that over experience and GPA. 

I am a member of TriBeta National Biological Honor's Society, Dean's Distinguished Honor's, Member of Phi Beta Delta for studying abroad and I have earned a hospital award for being an team member and providing excellent patient care as a PCA 

A huge tip I can give to anyone still in school; take a heavy semester load of science courses/PA prerequisites for example I took immunology, biochemistry, and microbiology in one semester (studied endlessly but earned all A's). Many PA programs want to see academic rigor. Of course working a part time or full time job along with school is an excellent category to discuss during an interview too, showing you can handle a very heavy workweek. Keep earning more and more patient care hours but as you can see I have less than 1,000 hours. It's all about how you can balance your application. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lmcjam said:

Hi everyone - 

Got a call last week for an interview tomorrow. So for those of you who thought you were forgotten about, there is still hope for an interview!

Fingers crossed the class isn't filled yet lol

@lmcjam That’s awesome! Good luck!!! Would you mind sharing your stats and when you were verified?