FIU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SSPP123 said:

Has anyone heard of anything in regards to the newly added biochem pre-req? Seems like they require both the lecture and the lab which was added last minute 

I went to their open house the other day  and they said theyd be lenient with the Biochem prereq this year since it was added last minute. So for this year they’ll let it slide as long as you have Orgo 2. However, next cycle it will be a hard requirement. 

Edited by rach6195

On 6/6/2019 at 3:12 AM, rach6195 said:

I went to their open house the other day  and they said theyd be lenient with the Biochem prereq this year since it was added last minute. So for this year they’ll let it slide as long as you have Orgo 2. However, next cycle it will be a hard requirement. 

What a relief! thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Wishinandhoping16 said:

I'm in the same boat but submitted my CASPA app in late August. I sent my supplemental application the following day. I haven't heard back either. I'm not sure if they are still doing the phases (I and II) this year or they changed it to rolling. Has anyone received a reply yet? 

Nothing. Zilch. Nada. 

28 minutes ago, RC2017 said:

Hello, 

I was recently doing my CASPA app and seen that FIU has a "5 years from matriculation" rule. Is that towards all the classes or just the natural sciences ones ? 

28 minutes ago, RC2017 said:

Hello, 

I was recently doing my CASPA app and seen that FIU has a "5 years from matriculation" rule. Is that towards all the classes or just the natural sciences ones ? 

Hi - Only for the prereqs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed them last week asking if they sent confirmations/if they were sending interview invites soon. He did say my application was received (even tho I never got a confirmation, I'm guessing if your CASPA says verified thats your confirmation) but never answered me about the interviews. Its weird because at this time last year invites were already sent out. I wonder if they changed something or maybe just delayed?