FIU 2019-2020 Application Cycle

15 minutes ago, aalyssa17 said:

anyone else just get an email about finalizing the list of people to be interviewed for phase II? I thought this was weird I never heard anything about phase I & applied early may??

I received the email as well. I believe they sent this to all of the applicants of this cycle regardless of what phase you applied to

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cdgallegos said:

Mine said the same thing and I thought the same thing!! does this mean that they will be reconsidering if enough people reject interviews or did i get completely rejected?

Does anyone know what it meant?

I think last year there were two phases, and people got an e-mail saying they couldn’t be Interviewed at first but may be considered later? I think this was for the phase 1 applicants and we might be considered later? I don’t know but this sucks.

• Like 1

I got the same email stating they are "unable to offer an interview at this time" but it does say they will continue to consider my application and I will be notified if I'm selected for an interview, so basically I think we're waitlisted for interviews lol but I'm pretty positive it was not an outright rejection. 

12 hours ago, padreamerrrr said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what did your email say?

Oh, never mind! I had just read the stuff in bold before. I guess I got the same e-mail as everyone else saying they will continue to consider my app.

Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine would like to thank you for your interest in the Master in Physician Assistant Studies program (MPAS).

Unfortunately after careful consideration the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you an interview at this time.

We appreciate the time and effort invested in your application and will consider your application as we progress through the admissions process. Applications are final and no edits can be made to your application at this time. Should you be selected for an interview we will contact you with the interview details.

Best of luck,
MPAS

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think they've looked at my application yet. Not until I update them with my final transcripts showing my pre-reqs are completed. I'm an FIU student and they have my application status as "Referred to dept for decision" since I submitted my application in August. No emails or anything. They just told me to update CASPA once I have updated transcripts in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...