South College - Knoxville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

On 1/30/2020 at 8:25 AM, annaroll said:

I have an interview next week! I was wondering if anyone who has already been accepted in this cycle would be willing to share their stats? 

CASPA submitted 10/24, verified 10/28

Overall GPA: 3.6

GRE: 315

PCE: 600 hours as a medical scribe

Shadowing hours: 40 (mostly MDs and some with a PA)

Hope this helps, good luck with your interview!!

Edited by DK123
  • Upvote 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, annaroll said:

I have an interview next week! I was wondering if anyone who has already been accepted in this cycle would be willing to share their stats? 

Overall gpa: 3.6

science: 3.45

gre: 315

PCE:~2800

shadowing: 150 with PAs 

Edited by Dhamz
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zhusdiw said:

I’d love to grab dinner the night before!

Same! I'm driving in from Pennsylvania and staying in an Air B and B near the college. My email is str8arrow1@gmail if anyone want's to meet up Thursday evening to grab food and get to know our future PA class colleagues for this fall = D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holly1483 said:

I just received an interview invite at South College-Knoxville for 3/13. However, I have been accepted elsewhere and will be giving up my spot. I hope that helps someone out! Good luck!

I also received an interview invite for 3/13 but have already been accepted elsewhere so I too will be declining.  Since @niqbal4 asked, my application was received 24 June.

Good luck to whomever gets my interview spot!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vyoma96 said:

Congratulations on the interviews everyone. Couldn’t be happier for you all. Do you mind sharing stats as well please? Thank you in advance.

Personally I think all this stat comparing is unhealthy and doesn't really mean anything. But here's me: 

cGPA: 3.10 (but 123 hours of post-bacc with a GPA of 3.79)
sGPA: 3.35
PCE: ~8500 hours as a respiratory therapist
GRE: V156 (73%) Q157 (65%) W4.5 (82%)
Shadow: 80 hours split between an ED PA and a cardiology PA
Volunteer: 680

On 2/18/2020 at 7:45 AM, ebholcomb said:

Does anyone know if there is a fb page started for those accepted? I'd love to start getting to know future classmates 🙂 

I think the current students mentioned it being created in April sometime once the class is pretty full - I'm also super excited to start meeting everyone 🙂 Also - did you interview on 1/17?? If so I think we had lunch together!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was accepted back in October but have heard little to nothing from the program after submitting my deposit. Recently, I started to get a bit worried and emailed Ms. Boromei my health insurance card along with a couple of questions, just to make sure my emails were going through (I plan on doing the rest of the acceptance health check-off's later, after the COVID crisis simmers down). No response after more than a week. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar? I'd really love to connect with my future classmates, even if class starts (or is supposed to) in the fall!