South College - Knoxville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 11:56 AM, Leah37 said:

The supplemental app is definitely easiest to find through the CASPA information page

Submitted 5/15, verified 5/17, supplemental 5/19

Best of luck to everyone!!

Confirmation of application email received today 5/22

6 minutes ago, PABAE314 said:

I was considering applying to this school. Does it make any of you nervous that this is a for profit university? 

I work with a PA who graduated last year from South.  She had nothing but great things to say about it and seemed fairly prepared; she's definitely a solid PA to work with.

Their PANCE pass rates are on par with the national rates, their tuition isn't that far off from private schools, and their accreditation is continuing.  

I'll have to ask my coworker about it, but it doesn't concern me too much.  Maybe I'll go to an info session this summer and get the overall vibe of the place.

Offhand I don't know.  I'll ask her Friday when I'm at work.

I do remember her saying, though, that you could also arrange your own clinical sites if you want (with program permission).  So I believe she did all of her clinicals in Ohio since she knew she would be moving there after graduation.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:32 AM, geedle said:

Hi! Is anyone else having trouble opening the supplemental application?

I also had problems, how did you solve them? I just have very little time, besides studying in college, I work and help students, I can offer you an essay for sale at Paperial. I think this service will be useful for you, I will be glad to help you personally.

Edited by brennafullen

20 hours ago, brennafullen said:

I also had problems, how did you solve them?

20 hours ago, Leah37 said:

In caspa, go to program materials, open your app to South College, then there is a blue link to the supplemental which opens fine for me.

yeah, what @Leah37 said! I also received an email about completing the supplemental the day after I submitted my CASPA app, and that link worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jlduvall said:

Has anyone been offered an interview for Knoxville yet? My latest email says they begin reviewing in July and interviews begin in October with a 2-4 week notice in advance. 

That seems to me like they'll start inviting at the beginning of September, but who knows honestly haha

• 1 month later...