South College - Knoxville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, steph3120 said:

Hey guys,

I was accepted back in October but have heard little to nothing from the program after submitting my deposit. Recently, I started to get a bit worried and emailed Ms. Boromei my health insurance card along with a couple of questions, just to make sure my emails were going through (I plan on doing the rest of the acceptance health check-off's later, after the COVID crisis simmers down). No response after more than a week. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar? I'd really love to connect with my future classmates, even if class starts (or is supposed to) in the fall!

I was accepted back in October too and haven’t heard anything either. I asked Deborah who to contact about financial aid questions back in November and it took a couple months to get in contact with them so I wouldn’t stress too much about it if it’s not pressing! I’ve read from other forums in past years it’s typical to not hear from them until the summer!

Hi guys! I interviewed on 2/7 and was accepted!! I’m so excited!! I’m starting the “apartment searching” process, and I was wondering if anybody else was interested! I know a lot of the current students have roommates that are classmates as well!

I don’t think the class Facebook page is in effect until June, and that might be a little too late to start the process! 

Let me know if this sparks any interest!  

Edited by mmahaffey22
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I was just accepted to South College Knoxville off the waitlist. I am so excited to finally start this new chapter and meet everyone. 

For anyone applying or planning to re-apply, I hope you find my story helpful.

I first applied for the 2017-2018 cycle with a competitive GPA and at least 3 years of direct patient care hours. I’ve worked in the ICU as a nursing assistant and in a large orthopedic practice as an orthopedic tech. I was offered an interview, and was waitlisted. The faculty members who interviewed me advised I improve my GRE scores if not accepted from the waitlist. I did not put much effort into the GRE, and so I considered their recommendation for the next cycle.

For the 2018-2019 cycle, I reapplied with a slightly improved GRE score (by 1 point) just off self-study, and knew I had to do more in order to make a significant improvement. Was not offered an interview. I finally decided to take a GRE prep class which really helped improve my score. (V-153, M-154, W-4)

Applied again for the 2019-2020 cycle. Submitted my application on December 2019, was offered an interview at the end of January for a March interview date. Again, I was waitlisted, but was told my application was so competitive and there was really nothing else to do but stay positive and keep trucking. They wished me luck and hoped I would be pulled off the waitlist. At this point, I knew I did all I could and just had to trust the process. At the end of April, I was called and offered a seat for the class of 2022. 

It was a long journey for me. I would advise you try to get in contact with and stay in contact with Debra who is the program coordinator. She literally is the person you want to be updating, sharing any improvements, new grades and just checking in with. I did my best to stay on her radar to really show my commitment to the school and my goal to become a PA. If you’re waitlisted, don’t lose hope! Hopefully you were given recommendations. If so, consider them and try to update Debra. If you are planning to reapply, try to contact Debra and ask how you can become a better applicant. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was accepted back in January and I'm excited to get started. So excited in fact, that I was actually planning on moving down to Knoxville as early as late July/early August (I'm from out of state). However with the pandemic now I'm not so sure that's a good idea (i.e., if the start date gets pushed back or something). Has anyone contacted the program and know anything about whether or not the pandemic is affecting our start date?

Thanks

On 4/22/2020 at 4:14 PM, ebholcomb said:

Hey everyone! If you've been accepted and want to be added to a facebook group I made (just something for us to start getting to know each other until the one that South makes gets set up) send me a private message on here and I'll add you! 

I've been waiting for the official Facebook group to be made - is there a good amount of the class in this one/can someone help get me added? I'd love to start getting to know at least some of you!

I recently spoke with Deborah. She said that the class was just filled around the beginning of May and that we should be receiving more information regarding payment and such within the next couple of weeks. Also, don’t forget and be sure that your physical, vaccination records, and health insurance are submitted!