Has anyone been accepted to the Nova programs with an online bachelors degree? If so how does the admissions board feel about online programs? I'm currently working on an online degree from UF and I'm not sure if it's the best course of action to get into PA school. Any advice would be big help! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My guess would be that they would treat it similar to taking pre-reqs at Community College, they might assume it is easier and thus, you should have better grades. That's just my guess. If you're taking online classes so that you can work full time, talk about that in your admissions essay. A negative would also be that online is also around your schedule, where as all PA programs you don't choose your schedule. So they might be worried that you won't do well with a standard schedule. Again, I can only guess.

There are two kinds of degrees possible. Nationally accredited and regionally accredited. Regionally accredited schools are brick and mortar and are one of 8 regions in the US. This is the best type.

Nationally accredited are typically online. This is less desirable. Most master programs won't take nationally accredited degrees, and they don't always take all the credit if one transfers into a regionally accredited school.

If you were going to pursue a masters, then you will want to check with the program. If you were just going to get one to get into a program then hey, it's better than an AA.

hope this helps

Regionally accredited schools are brick and mortar and are one of 8 regions in the US. This is the best type.

Spot on advice. PA programs are required to be housed in institutions that have regional accrditation.

Nationally accredited are typically online. This is less desirable. Most master programs won't take nationally accredited degrees, and they don't always take all the credit if one transfers into a regionally accredited school

It's not just the MS programs.

If you were going to pursue a masters, then you will want to check with the program. If you were just going to get one to get into a program then hey, it's better than an AA.

LOL...not if you can't use it to get in a PA program.

LesH

Archived