AAPA are you listening?

I am so sick and tired of reading about NP's taking over PA's because of less administrative hurdles and their independence. AAPA do something?

Many like myself are so sick of inaction, we have decided to apply to med schools and jump ship before we ASSISTANTS sink altogether. Do something AAPA

Get the name changed first. We are no one's assistants. We  dont wipe or kiss butts like nurses or NP's respectively. 

Then get this administrative hurdle off. Do something. Use money to campaign. 

AAPA definitely hears us and are striving toward making changes as we speak. As jmj11 said above, there is a changing climate at AAPA. I went to the conference this past May and can definitely sense a different attitude then the one i went to 5 years ago. 

Efforts are being made (although slower than we would like), but they are being made. All we can do is wait and support AAPA in anyway we can. 

let me add in order for us to be competitive we have to achieve OTP. This has to be done state by state by state so support your state chapters in their OTP efforts. AAPA was the genesis of the movement and continues to support it but it has to be done from the ground up.

6 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

let me add in order for us to be competitive we have to achieve OTP. This has to be done state by state by state so support your state chapters in their OTP efforts. AAPA was the genesis of the movement and continues to support it but it has to be done from the ground up.

Actually PAFT and AFPPA were the genesis of OTP. Brian and Beth almost single-highhandedly are responsible for this being a success. I was happy to play a minor role on the PAFT board at the time, but did not write any of the critical documents. Brian wrote the Nevada white paper on increased scope of practice that OTP is based on. 

You are correct. PAFT was the creator of this concept and dogged it into fruition including our work at the last AAPA conference to stop a few people and groups from trying to weaken the wording in a poor effort to pacify some physician groups.

Perhaps I should have said AAPA is a major driving force in this movement having made it national policy. Now it has to be done state by state.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lexapro said:

Charming. Putting down nurses for basic care taking duties. That will get you far.

Agreed.  It's possible to be irked at the relative successes NPs have had without blaming them for seeking such success, rather than old-AAPA and the 'old guard' who want to remain assistants.  Our shackling comes almost entirely from within our own profession.

Archived