21 hours ago, narcan said:

What did you decide to do?

It was decided for me. They changed the start date so that it would be a year before I could even start. I’m not going to toy with getting another job just for a year and then come back to residency and then again find a job in a year. They said they would probably hire me straight out though in one of the ICUs, so if a position is open I might apply.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/31/2018 at 2:26 PM, EMEDPA said:

sounds like a great idea. I only know 2 PAs who did more than one postgrad program. One did gen surg then ct surg. the other did em then ems direction.

Reviving this from the dead. Can you tell me more about EMS direction? Is that like an EMS fellowship/medical control/medical director kind of thing?

9 hours ago, TeddyRucpin said:

Reviving this from the dead. Can you tell me more about EMS direction? Is that like an EMS fellowship/medical control/medical director kind of thing?

That would be neat, I don't know of many states that allow a PA to be a medical director for EMS, think MT is one though

From my experience, medical direction is more closely regulated as many states have rules, statutes, or both which specify whose signature is required on certain documents, like drug licenses, etc.  Medical control is much less well defined.  While none of the states where I'm licensed permit me to be a medical director, I provide online medical direction in several as I'm the only provider in the ED.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

From my experience, medical direction is more closely regulated as many states have rules, statutes, or both which specify whose signature is required on certain documents, like drug licenses, etc.  Medical control is much less well defined.  While none of the states where I'm licensed permit me to be a medical director, I provide online medical direction in several as I'm the only provider in the ED.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, do you mean medics/etc calling you when they want to give additional pain meds, desire orderes, etc?