explain this to me....really?

2 hours ago, camoman1234 said:

The land of the free....The USA sucks now and I strongly think daily about moving out of this sh*t hole of a country. It is not just one administration, it is all of them. That is why I am a political atheist. 

It's sad to see how much pride in this nation has been lost.

In the history of the Earth, no other country has had a greater impact than this amazing nation.  No other country has freed more people from tyranny and pushed forward the liberty of each individual than the USA.  Is this country without flaws? ABSOLUTELY NOT.  There have been many egregious acts committed over the course of time and continuing today, but that is not specific only to the USA, but rather to all of mankind.  We have it MUCH better than the majority of the world and millions of people would kill to have been fortunate enough to have been born here.

You are completely entitled to your opinion, Camoman1234, I just think you are mislead to think you would enjoy a country with less problems and more freedom to prosper than this one.  I have no intent on starting any sort of divisive political debate on this forum, just my two cents on the matter.

13 hours ago, SMcG8 said:

We have it MUCH better than the majority of the world and millions of people would kill to have been fortunate enough to have been born here.

Your entire post was beautifully written and absolutely true SMcG8.

Millions of people also risk death to themselves and family to come here for this reason.  I have seen the horrendous conditions and suffering that people will go through to come here just to experience the freedom (and incredible wealth that comes from that freedom) that we have.  We are truly a blessed nation, but unfortunately we are becoming a divided nation and that will be our downfall, and the world will be poorer for it.

I was looking at Central Valley, Costa Rica real estate yesterday at work but then got a stupid email listing new housing listings in Hawaii on multiple islands so I’m feeling the breeze from last week over there again.  At least over there I know it’s liberal (mod cons myself) and I can isolate myself on my lanai and just stare at the ocean all day until it’s Mai-tai time each evening.  

3 hours ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

I was looking at Central Valley, Costa Rica real estate yesterday at work but then got a stupid email listing new housing listings in Hawaii on multiple islands so I’m feeling the breeze from last week over there again.  At least over there I know it’s liberal (mod cons myself) and I can isolate myself on my lanai and just stare at the ocean all day until it’s Mai-tai time each evening.  

I have an uncle who retired to Costa Rica a few years ago. 2 acres of ocean view property for 150k. built 4 bed , 3 bath dream house with multiple decks and a pool for 150k. near Dominical, one of the best surfing beaches in the world. This is on my list...

Guest HanSolo

If I were to move from US to Central America, I would go to Nicaragua. I've spent a lot of time in CR, and each time I return it is more and more commercialized. Plenty of nice ex-pat communities along the coast (which I see why that is appealing to a large crowd) but those are not my style. Nicaragua is still pretty "undiscovered" by the large hotel groups and tourists. Working locums 3-6 months/year and then Central America come winter doesn't sound so bad to me...

44 minutes ago, Cideous said:

Ok, I guess no one else will say it, but......South America?  Really!?  Isn't this the place that people are fleeing from?  Not to mention kidnappings for ransom?  No stinking way I would chance that.

No, they’re fleeing Central America (El Sal. and Guatemala more specifically).  I’ve never understood why if they’re going to flee that some don’t head south as opposed to north?  Spanish speaking countries to the south predominantly and if they’re trying to escape gangs/domestic violence I’d rather take a shorter route and be where I don’t have to learn a second language.

Archived