2018-2019- Yale Online PA Application

Guest thatgirlonabike

4 minutes ago, Lindsay727 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and wanted to say congrats to those who have been accepted! I am applying from Hawaii and have an interview next week. Where did you guys do your interviews if you don't mind me asking? At home or the library? Also, any tips for an online interview? Thanks! 

Hi Lindsay! Best of luck next week! I chose to do my interview at home. I did not want to risk running into firewalls or a slow connection in a library. Just click the link they sent you and wait for the virtual room to open. You will receive a prompt to get a call on your cell phone. I highly recommend using headphones! As nerve-racking as it is, the interview was pretty laid back. Pretend like you are talking to a friend and it will fly by!

22 hours ago, SJ0218 said:

Hi Lindsay! Best of luck next week! I chose to do my interview at home. I did not want to risk running into firewalls or a slow connection in a library. Just click the link they sent you and wait for the virtual room to open. You will receive a prompt to get a call on your cell phone. I highly recommend using headphones! As nerve-racking as it is, the interview was pretty laid back. Pretend like you are talking to a friend and it will fly by!

The firewall struggle is real. Do your interview in a place where you have previously successfully used Adobe Connect. If you've used Adobe Connect before for info sessions, practice setting up your audio line and getting your webcam going. If you've never used Adobe Connect before, get familiar with it before your interview. Be prepared and good to go a solid 15 minutes before your scheduled interview. I recommend a well-lit, private, quiet place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Fizzassist said:

Congrats to those accepted! I am happy for you! I, sadly, didn't receive an acceptance call and now fear the worst. Since it's my top choice I cant help feeling a bit heartbroken. My PA dream is still very much in tact. Persist! 

I am on the same boat as you, still waiting for a response after my interview. Hopefully we get a decision this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ERPA19 said:

For everyone who has interviewed, how long has it taken to get a response?

I interviewed on a Monday and found out the following Thursday! If you haven't heard back yet they could be holding your application until the next round of interviews (which is this week, I believe)!

On 8/13/2018 at 9:02 AM, SJ0218 said:

Thank you so much! I appreciate your suggestions! 

13 hours ago, Kilian12 said:

The firewall struggle is real. Do your interview in a place where you have previously successfully used Adobe Connect. If you've used Adobe Connect before for info sessions, practice setting up your audio line and getting your webcam going. If you've never used Adobe Connect before, get familiar with it before your interview. Be prepared and good to go a solid 15 minutes before your scheduled interview. I recommend a well-lit, private, quiet place.

Great, thanks! This may seem like a silly question, but does your webcam turn on when you are in adobe connect? I've only used it for the webinars and we didn't have the webcams. 

19 hours ago, Lindsay727 said:

Great, thanks! This may seem like a silly question, but does your webcam turn on when you are in adobe connect? I've only used it for the webinars and we didn't have the webcams. 

It does not automatically turn on. You have to get your audio connection and your webcam going. There are buttons to do this at the top left of your screen.

10 hours ago, PAlife91 said:

How many people do you guys think that they are interviewing?

For those of you that interviewed already, how nervous were you before the interviews? Would you say the personal or academic interview was hardest?

I was a little nervous for my interview  due to not ever having an online interview. Overall, it was evenly weighted for me in measures of difficulty. I was just myself and the interview seemed to flow really well. The interviewers seemed very interested and relaxed. Interviews, from my experience, are not to trick you and to be difficult. They are soley to say this is why you should choose me and a way for the comittee to ask any questions your application may not answer. Hope this helps!

On 8/9/2018 at 11:32 PM, SJ0218 said:

Accepted with a phone call today! It's been a long and challenging journey but here I am! Happy to answer any questions that I'm allowed to speak to. Good luck, everyone! 

Quick question, but first congratulations!

Did you think both of your interviews went exceedingly well? I am a little nervous bc I thought one of my interviews went okay, but had room for improvement. I'm worried that it might affect the decision. 

Also, did you accept their offer? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAlife91 said:

Quick question, but first congratulations!

Did you think both of your interviews went exceedingly well? I am a little nervous bc I thought one of my interviews went okay, but had room for improvement. I'm worried that it might affect the decision. 

Also, did you accept their offer? 

Thanks so much! I don't think I could ever say an interview went perfectly but the interviewers made me feel so comfortable during the interview so that felt great. I was still super nervous and worried as heck until I got the call! I also had an in-person interview for another school a few weeks before this one and I was not confident in the least bit but was still offered a seat in their program so I wouldn't worry about it at all! Nothing you can do to change how it went now. I did accept Yale's offer and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

2 minutes ago, SJ0218 said:

Thanks so much! I don't think I could ever say an interview went perfectly but the interviewers made me feel so comfortable during the interview so that felt great. I was still super nervous and worried as heck until I got the call! I also had an in-person interview for another school a few weeks before this one and I was not confident in the least bit but was still offered a seat in their program so I wouldn't worry about it at all! Nothing you can do to change how it went now. I did accept Yale's offer and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Thank you! It is an amazing program so I'll need all the crossed fingers and luck that I can get!