2018-2019- Yale Online PA Application

Guest thatgirlonabike

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, corimoreno said:

I just got my denial email today. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear.

Sorry to hear that. There is always next cycle! The Facebook group has 59 people and class starts in a couple weeks, so it looks like most of us on the wait list are in the same boat trying again for next cycle. Keep the faith! Good luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 8:02 AM, Eva1017 said:

Wishing you all the very best. And as for me, I’m going to pursue an accelerated nursing degree so I have more options after 15-month. Tired of waiting...

I feel you, my backup plan was WGU for nursing then to NP and they were accepting applications and starting monthly when I started my Pre-Reqs in Dec '17. They are now so impacted they aren't taking applications for another year. :(. I've got to get out of this state! At this point my whole career is balancing on my interview to Western in Feb or Yale taking me in April. At this point I will have been out of work in my old career for almost 2 years assuming I am accepted to either one. Otherwise it wouldn't be until the following Fall of 2020. I gave up a 6 figure income in retail to pursue this and by the time I start school, if I get in, I will already have $225,000 in lost wages and school expenses BEFORE the costs of the actual PA program. $500,000 is an awful lot of money to throw at a career change. I'm going to give it one last shot and then go back to retail and wait for my industry to inevitably die. At my age I don't have much more than a half million dollars and 5 years of my life to put towards STARTING a new career. This is a young men and women's game. Best of luck to you!

Edited by docsls6

19 hours ago, docsls6 said:

I feel you, my backup plan was WGU for nursing then to NP and they were accepting applications and starting monthly when I started my Pre-Reqs in Dec '17. They are now so impacted they aren't taking applications for another year. :(. I've got to get out of this state! At this point my whole career is balancing on my interview to Western in Feb or Yale taking me in April. At this point I will have been out of work in my old career for almost 2 years assuming I am accepted to either one. Otherwise it wouldn't be until the following Fall of 2020. I gave up a 6 figure income in retail to pursue this and by the time I start school, if I get in, I will already have $225,000 in lost wages and school expenses BEFORE the costs of the actual PA program. $500,000 is an awful lot of money to throw at a career change. I'm going to give it one last shot and then go back to retail and wait for my industry to inevitably die. At my age I don't have much more than a half million dollars and 5 years of my life to put towards STARTING a new career. This is a young men and women's game. Best of luck to you!

I completely understand how you feel. They really need to increase the number of accredited PA programs. They are constantly talking about shortage in the medical field yet so many highly qualified individuals have to wait so long before they can start. I really hope you get a positive response from Western. Just when you go for the interview, don’t let them find out that you are only counting on them and another school. I think that’s what got me with Yale and another program. I was also limited to few programs because of family situation and I may have honestly told them that when they asked. However, they like candidates who act hard to get. All the best. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, Eva1017 said:

I completely understand how you feel. They really need to increase the number of accredited PA programs. They are constantly talking about shortage in the medical field yet so many highly qualified individuals have to wait so long before they can start. I really hope you get a positive response from Western. Just when you go for the interview, don’t let them find out that you are only counting on them and another school. I think that’s what got me with Yale and another program. I was also limited to few programs because of family situation and I may have honestly told them that when they asked. However, they like candidates who act hard to get. All the best. 

Well whoever was responsible for killing Community College programs a few years ago REALLY created a shortage of programs. My wife works with several PAs who went the associate’s degree route. My career change, lack of clinical, and geographic location limited my choices of programs. My wife is an NP and her programs were difficult to get into almost a decade ago, but the hoops I have had to jump through to try and get into a PA program are FAR more than anything she went through. I kind of wish at this point I had gone RN to NP now. I’d be almost done with the RN. Good luck!

Edited by docsls6

• 1 month later...

Has anyone asked for feedback on their application from the school? I asked for mine and it was so generic not helpful at all. Looking to see if anyone has any other information on what seems to the make or break your acceptance. So far I’m seeing that the GRE scores are more influential then they say they are. Any feedback is appreciated:)

40 minutes ago, corimoreno said:

Has anyone asked for feedback on their application from the school? I asked for mine and it was so generic not helpful at all. Looking to see if anyone has any other information on what seems to the make or break your acceptance. So far I’m seeing that the GRE scores are more influential then they say they are. Any feedback is appreciated:)

Mine was also generic. Just make sure you are strong in all categories. 😁

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 4:56 PM, corimoreno said:

I just got my denial email today. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear.

I'm so sorry. Hope all is working out well for you. I have a question approximately when did you apply? How long did it take to hear back from them?