2018-2019 Application Cycle

Has anyone noticed that they moved our start date up by a week? We're now supposed to report to orientation at 7:30am on Monday, June 17th. I booked a cruise with my family that gets back the 16th 😱. I thought I'd have a week between the cruise and starting school. I'm not sure what to think now! What if our ship is delayed? We lose a pretty substantial deposit if we cancel. I guess I've learned my first lesson about trying to vacation during the next 3 years!

On 2/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, ekatiel said:

Thanks so much for putting info together for us!

I don't think there's a Facebook group yet. Maybe @mvick1590 knows if that's something we should go ahead and set up, or if there's some more official protocol to follow.

Congrats to everyone! I can't wait to meet y'all!

We probably won’t have a Facebook group for another month or so. Y’all are welcome to start your own in the meantime! That’s what we did last year until the official one was made! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, congratulations to all of you who were accepted! I am highly interested in this program but I am wondering if some of you would post your stats? I have 1000+ hrs HCE, I'm 23, my sGPA is 3.4 and my overall is 3.7 and I am wondering if this school is a realistic option for me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 11:35 AM, lgentile said:

Hello, congratulations to all of you who were accepted! I am highly interested in this program but I am wondering if some of you would post your stats? I have 1000+ hrs HCE, I'm 23, my sGPA is 3.4 and my overall is 3.7 and I am wondering if this school is a realistic option for me?

Hi there! All I have to say is, APPLY! I applied to Baylor as my "reach" program (that I did not think I would actually be accepted into), was waitlisted for an interview initially, was eventually granted an interview, then was in the top ten people on the waitlist again, and then eventually ACCEPTED! Just go for it 🙂 Also, your stats weren't too different from my own. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about applying to Baylor since its a top tier program and my father is an alumni. However,  I am extremely discouraged now that I have looked at their website and they say they require a minimum 3.5 on writing to be considered. I made a 3.0 but made above minimum on verbal and quantitative. Should I reach out to the program to see how strict they are or just not even bother with applying? 

Edited by Hmhguy95

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, Hmhguy95 said:

I was thinking about applying to Baylor since its a top tier program and my father is an alumni. However,  I am extremely discouraged now that I have looked at their website and they say they require a minimum 3.5 on writing to be considered. I made a 3.0 but made above minimum on verbal and quantitative. Should I reach out to the program to see how strict they are or just not even bother with applying? 

I had a similar issue except it was with the verbal section. I missed it by 1 point, 152. I asked and they are strict with their minimums. I studied very hard and retook the exam and made the score I needed. I would suggest re-taking the exam if you are very interested in the program. It is very possible to improve your writing score with a few simple tips!