2018-2019 Application Cycle

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 9:37 PM, ErikaIrene said:

Applied to BCM mid-June! I am at the TAPA conference this weekend and was able to speak with Elizabeth Elliot, an associate professor for the program. She said we will be hearing anything back for a while- probably no earlier than December. 

They're super efficient with the entire process! All the interviews will take place over three days in December, and then a week later they will give out acceptances. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 2:12 AM, zoltman said:

They're super efficient with the entire process! All the interviews will take place over three days in December, and then a week later they will give out acceptances. 

Oh wow, I was starting to get worried because I have heard nothing and had applied in early June.  thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 5:32 PM, zoltman said:

Soooo anyone a second-time applicant to Baylor?

I am a second time applicant, first time applying was two years ago. Best of luck to you and all applying here! I've heard (not sure if it's true) that we likely won't hear anything back until December. Do you know if that's true?

3 hours ago, ConAJ67 said:

I am a second time applicant, first time applying was two years ago. Best of luck to you and all applying here! I've heard (not sure if it's true) that we likely won't hear anything back until December. Do you know if that's true?

Yo. check it.

They send out all of their invites in December, and then all of their interviews occur within a three day period in January. Then a week after (or two. I forgot which it was, but whichever it is they are on the dot) they call those who are accepted and email those who get waitlisted.

Everyone who interviews gets waitlisted if they don't make a seat. They number the waitlisted applicants 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, and then they just say 41+ for the remainder. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, zoltman said:

Yo. check it.

They send out all of their invites in December, and then all of their interviews occur within a three day period in January. Then a week after (or two. I forgot which it was, but whichever it is they are on the dot) they call those who are accepted and email those who get waitlisted.

Everyone who interviews gets waitlisted if they don't make a seat. They number the waitlisted applicants 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, and then they just say 41+ for the remainder. 

That's helpful to know, so I have somewhat of an idea as to how they structure their interviews, and a decent timeline. Thank you!

13 hours ago, AAK30 said:

Wow, that is super efficient. Good luck to you and to everyone applying this cycle! ? What was the interview day schedule like, if you don’t mind me asking? 

Sure! Not a problem.

After looking at previous emails, I just now remembered it was broken down in two days.

First day: Orientation - Different faculty presented little presentations about whatever topic they were responsible for - courses, clinics, expectations, tuition, financial aid, and so on. Shortly after, a panel of students held a Q&A and kind of went over different aspects from the students' perspective. Afterwards there was a social for applicants/students to mingle at a bar. 

Second day: Interviews - Everyone met in an auditorium and schedules were given out. Each student had three interviews with different faculty members (all one on ones). Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and after each one, you go back to the auditorium and wait for your next scheduled interview. I'd say there was about an hour in between each interview. 

Also correction** They number waitlist spots up to 50, and then they designate the remainder as 51+ (as opposed to 41+ in my previous post)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, zoltman said:

Sure! Not a problem.

After looking at previous emails, I just now remembered it was broken down in two days.

First day: Orientation - Different faculty presented little presentations about whatever topic they were responsible for - courses, clinics, expectations, tuition, financial aid, and so on. Shortly after, a panel of students held a Q&A and kind of went over different aspects from the students' perspective. Afterwards there was a social for applicants/students to mingle at a bar. 

Second day: Interviews - Everyone met in an auditorium and schedules were given out. Each student had three interviews with different faculty members (all one on ones). Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and after each one, you go back to the auditorium and wait for your next scheduled interview. I'd say there was about an hour in between each interview. 

Also correction** They number waitlist spots up to 50, and then they designate the remainder as 51+ (as opposed to 41+ in my previous post)

Thank you so much for all the info! It really is helpful. Their interview process sounds exciting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...