University of Charleston WV 2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JessieZ27 said:

I just received my interview for the 29 and 30th as well. I'm coming from Michigan but am super excited to see the campus and Charleston. If anyone wants to meet up or grab lunch before the orientation and tour starts let me know! 

I'd meet for lunch ? I'm flying in from MI too 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, Pippin281 said:

I'll be interviewing on Aug. 29th-30th. I'm flying in from pretty far so I'm looking at staying the 28th & 29th - let me know if anyone would be interested in grabbing dinner or something one night. You don't get as much out of a city exploring alone! 

Good luck all ?

3 hours ago, JessieZ27 said:

I just received my interview for the 29 and 30th as well. I'm coming from Michigan but am super excited to see the campus and Charleston. If anyone wants to meet up or grab lunch before the orientation and tour starts let me know! 

Hi guys, I will be coming in from IL. Still deciding if I am flying in or just taking the bus. I would love to meet for either lunch or dinner on either day!

On 7/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, ViNguyen said:

Hi all! Congratulations to all who have received interview invitations!

I'm currently a first year PA student at UC and I'm excited to meet you all! Please feel free to contact me with any questions and concerns about our program. I'll do my best to answer your questions, if not, I can get you in touch with someone else who can help.

Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions!

- Vi

Hey Vi! 

I was just wondering if you have any advice leading into the interviews. Also assuming I receive a spot would you recommend the campus housing for the graduate students? Any extra tips or ideas would be great! 

Thanks, 

Jess

On 8/6/2018 at 10:24 PM, MyPath said:

Hi guys, I will be coming in from IL. Still deciding if I am flying in or just taking the bus. I would love to meet for either lunch or dinner on either day!

I am coming from Wisconsin and would love to meet up with people, too. I am still debating the fly vs drive route. The drive is only 9/10 hours for me and exponentially cheaper, but we shall see! 

53 minutes ago, Lharrold said:

I am coming from Wisconsin and would love to meet up with people, too. I am still debating the fly vs drive route. The drive is only 9/10 hours for me and exponentially cheaper, but we shall see! 

I'm definitely down to meet up with you guys the night before (8/28) and show you some of the cool parts of town!

On 8/13/2018 at 9:41 AM, danichat03 said:

Interested to know other people's opinion of the school after their interview! Does anyone think they have a good chance of getting an acceptance?

I love this program after interviewing there in mid-July! The staff really cares about your education and makes you feel so welcome. I hope I have a good chance of being accepted; I haven't seen or heard of anyone that has heard back about selection decisions but they said we might not find out until mid-September! Best of luck to you:)

22 hours ago, Nova336 said:

I was offered a seat a week after my interview in July, I loved this program and the location but I was accepted into a program closer to home where I will have free housing. Best of luck to those interviewing and attending in January. 

I thought they did not give any acceptances until all the interviews were completed?

1 hour ago, danichat03 said:

I thought they did not give any acceptances until all the interviews were completed?

They stated during the interview that they do send out 1-2 acceptances approximately one week after each interview session. The rest of the acceptances will be sent out around mid-September. 

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, olivialee said:

They stated during the interview that they do send out 1-2 acceptances approximately one week after each interview session. The rest of the acceptances will be sent out around mid-September. 

Wow! I wonder why they do it like that! You must have been a really great candidate, Congrats!!

3 minutes ago, TheHopeful said:

I received a call and was offered a seat about a week after my interview in July. However, I was accepted to another program that was closer to home and financially a better decision for me. I hope this gives opportunity for someone else! Good luck everyone!!

You must be an amazing candidate! Do you mind sharing your stats? Congrats on getting into both programs. 

1 hour ago, WIPAChopeful said:

I just arrived in Charleston and got to my hotel. Wondering if anyone else is in town today and would want to meet for dinner tonight! 

I'd love to get dinner ? was just coming on here to say the same thing actually - how does meeting at ~6pm in the lobby of the hotel the school recommended sound? Unless you had a restaurant to meet at in mind! Anyone else would of course be welcome to join 

1 hour ago, Pippin281 said:

I'd love to get dinner ? was just coming on here to say the same thing actually - how does meeting at ~6pm in the lobby of the hotel the school recommended sound? Unless you had a restaurant to meet at in mind! Anyone else would of course be welcome to join 

Yes 6PM sounds great! Are you at Four Points? 

Archived