2018-2019 Cycle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, amt5672 said:

Has anyone received any sort of correspondence via mail from Salus? Just wondering because I’m a bit paranoid mail from schools is being sent to my old college apartment even though I updated my address on CASPA....

Do you mean in general or regarding an interview invite or post-interview acceptance? I haven’t looked at the rest of the thread so I apologize if you’ve already clarified that. I received an interview invite via email and my acceptance via email as well. About a week after the acceptance email something came in the mail. My understanding is they do most by email first but if you are concerned I would reach out to them on your status. It took them longer than the 2 week time frame to tell me their decision and when I emailed them they were very nice! 

On 10/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, mandychris said:

Do you mean in general or regarding an interview invite or post-interview acceptance? I haven’t looked at the rest of the thread so I apologize if you’ve already clarified that. I received an interview invite via email and my acceptance via email as well. About a week after the acceptance email something came in the mail. My understanding is they do most by email first but if you are concerned I would reach out to them on your status. It took them longer than the 2 week time frame to tell me their decision and when I emailed them they were very nice! 

Just in general! I haven’t received an interview invite yet or anything but this is very helpful, thank you!!

Hi All,

Does anyone know how many seats are filled? My interview is Nov 28th. I wish I could have interviewed earlier but the rest of November interview dates were filled so I had to take the 28th (which I'm still extremely grateful for). The pessimist in me is thinking that seats will likely be filled by that date and if anything I may be waitlisted/alternate list (I forgot what the earlier thread was calling it), but would be amazing if I got accepted.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:47 AM, RockM said:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how many seats are filled? My interview is Nov 28th. I wish I could have interviewed earlier but the rest of November interview dates were filled so I had to take the 28th (which I'm still extremely grateful for). The pessimist in me is thinking that seats will likely be filled by that date and if anything I may be waitlisted/alternate list (I forgot what the earlier thread was calling it), but would be amazing if I got accepted.

I interviewed 10/31 and during my exit interview the admissions person said that 30 students have paid a deposit so 30/50 are filled but again people may not all attend. So november 28 there should still be quite a few spots left if they have been interviewing since July and only filled 30

On 10/25/2018 at 6:57 PM, ac130 said:

Just received an offer to interview today and I received the e-mail saying that they weren't offering me an interview but keeping my application open earlier in the cycle. Hopefully that makes the other applicants feel a little better that received the same e-mail.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance!

On 10/26/2018 at 10:29 AM, Gretch13 said:

Has anyone been waitlisted or put on a standby list? 

I am on the standby list I think? I received an email back in August after my interview saying they weren't able to decide so my application is still under review? So I don't think it was a waitlist but I'm really not sure lol

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of computers do you guys have or will be buying that meets these specifications? I have a Macbook Air which I felt was a pretty typical laptop and worked great for undergrad but according to this it doesn't have enough RAM or storage. How strictly should I follow this? http://www.salus.edu/getattachment/Colleges/Health-Sciences/Physician-Assistant/Application-Process/PA-Computer-Requirements.pdf.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:55 PM, aquinn14 said:

I also found out today I was placed on Standby after the 11/14 interview. Any idea what this means exactly?

The Class is full and as of 12/07/2018 there are 35 people on standby, and the class is full. They take about 20 studentsoff the standby list to be accepted into the class. However, they are still doing interviews, so the standby list might grow.

My Salus info:

• informed of interview with what my missing prerequisites were Sept/20
  • interview date picked Oct/10/18
  • interview Nov/14
  • Standby Nov/29

My Stats

• Fluent in three languages. Proficiency in Spanish. Learning ASL
  • Undergraduate non-science: 3.82
  • Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
  • Undergraduate science: 3.4
  • Patient Care Hours: 1572 ED Scribe
  • GRE: 321 total (164 verbal and 157 math) –Accepted on 8/08/17
  • Killer personal statement in my opinion
  • Two Prerequisites completed in Fall 2018: A&P II with lab and just Microbio Lab
  • Verified CASPA: 09/14/18 because professional transcript entry took 10 days after receiving my grades.

I was placed on Standby the week after my 11/28 Interview. They do (as stated above) on average take 20 students from the standby list. Last year they took 26. Keeping my hopes up!

Putting my stats and info just because I Know that information provided by others helped me when beginning this entire process.

Undergrad Degree: Medical Laboratory Science

Overall GPA: 3.5

Science GPA: 3.5

Patient Care: 700 continuing hours volunteering as a phlebotomist

Healthcare experience (which includes phlebotomy): ~3000 continuing hours working as a ASCP certified Medical Technologist in a medical microbiology lab.

GRE: 300 (150 in both sections)

On 12/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, LizardKing said:

The Class is full and as of 12/07/2018 there are 35 people on standby, and the class is full. They take about 20 studentsoff the standby list to be accepted into the class. However, they are still doing interviews, so the standby list might grow.

My Salus info:

• informed of interview with what my missing prerequisites were Sept/20
  • interview date picked Oct/10/18
  • interview Nov/14
  • Standby Nov/29

My Stats

• Fluent in three languages. Proficiency in Spanish. Learning ASL
  • Undergraduate non-science: 3.82
  • Undergraduate GPA: 3.6
  • Undergraduate science: 3.4
  • Patient Care Hours: 1572 ED Scribe
  • GRE: 321 total (164 verbal and 157 math) –Accepted on 8/08/17
  • Killer personal statement in my opinion
  • Two Prerequisites completed in Fall 2018: A&P II with lab and just Microbio Lab
  • Verified CASPA: 09/14/18 because professional transcript entry took 10 days after receiving my grades.

How do you know the class is full and the number of people on the waitlist?

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, Paprospect1229 said:

How do you know the class is full and the number of people on the waitlist?

They notified me via email about a week after my interview stating that the class was full and that there were currently 35 candidates on the standby list. An email shortly following with FAQ's & answers about the standby list.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, SMcG8 said:

I'm a current PA student at Salus University, feel free to message me if you have any questions.  Good luck to everyone in the application process!

Hi! I have been accepted into Salus’s program as well as PCOM’s program. I am having a difficult time choosing between the two. Is there anything you can tell me that you have experienced at Salus so far that can help me make my decision? Thanks!

Has anyone received an email from Salus saying that you were sent a secure message with a link to view it through a website called MimeCast? I don't want to click on it because I am unsure if it is spam but at the same time I am worried that it could be something important that I could miss if I do not open it

Archived