2018-2019 Cycle

7 hours ago, CTPAAPPLICANT2018 said:

What were your stats? 

Cum GPA: 3.67

Science GPA: 3.46

Hours: Around 1400 total between MRI Tech Aide, EMT, ER Tech, medical service trip

Volunteer: ~200

PA Shadowing: 35 

I also was involved in leadership, research, and teaching at my university. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CWell1901 said:

I received an email offering admission this morning! I am so thankful and can't believe that I have the opportunity to become a PA!

Congrats! What was the interview like? How long did they wait after the interview until they made the decision? Do you have any tips for interviewing? I am prepping and would love to know what you thought!

2 hours ago, CPM108 said:

Congrats! What was the interview like? How long did they wait after the interview until they made the decision? Do you have any tips for interviewing? I am prepping and would love to know what you thought!

54 minutes ago, kw113 said:

For those who had an interview already I'd love to hear about it! Was it easygoing? Any tips or pointers??

It is just as easygoing as previous years have indicated. None of the questions should really be surprising. They tell you about the program, you have a one on one, and you get a tour. All very standard interview scheduling. They told us that a decision would be made within 2-3 weeks. From last year’s forum post, it looked like people got notified about a week later for some of the first interview dates. That is what happened with me. 

I received this e-mail this morning and was hoping someone could chime in and expand on what this means?

"Greetings from Salus University and thank you for your interest in our Physician Assistant Program.  

The Office of Admissions is processing and reviewing applications on a daily basis.  At this time, you have not yet been invited to interview for the incoming class of 2021.  However, your file is still active and under review as the program continues to invite candidates to interview and admit on a rolling basis.  We are anticipating that the interview process will continue until January.

While it is still early in the application cycle, we encourage you to submit any updated grades, GRE scores and patient/shadow experiences as they become available that were not originally part of your CASPA application.  These may help to enhance your record.   Please note: Official transcripts and GRE scores can be sent directly to Salus University at the address below or electronically while shadow and patient care hour updates can be emailed in paragraph form to this email account. 

We hope that the information provided is helpful to you."

1 hour ago, SonSooYun said:

I received this e-mail this morning and was hoping someone could chime in and expand on what this means?

"Greetings from Salus University and thank you for your interest in our Physician Assistant Program.  

The Office of Admissions is processing and reviewing applications on a daily basis.  At this time, you have not yet been invited to interview for the incoming class of 2021.  However, your file is still active and under review as the program continues to invite candidates to interview and admit on a rolling basis.  We are anticipating that the interview process will continue until January.

While it is still early in the application cycle, we encourage you to submit any updated grades, GRE scores and patient/shadow experiences as they become available that were not originally part of your CASPA application.  These may help to enhance your record.   Please note: Official transcripts and GRE scores can be sent directly to Salus University at the address below or electronically while shadow and patient care hour updates can be emailed in paragraph form to this email account. 

I got the same email this morning. I’m assuming it means we’re still being considered but they are interviewing stronger candidates before inviting us for an interview. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my acceptance email this afternoon and I interviewed on July 25th!

My stats:

GPA: 3.64

sGPA: 3.71

GRE: 322 overall - 162 Quant/160 Verbal/4 Writing

HCE: 4,000+ hours as an MA

Volunteering: 45 hours

PA shadowing: ~50 hours

Don't be discouraged by stats - The director said that they would take someone with a 3.4 rather than 3.9 if they fit into the program! Good luck to all!

21 minutes ago, kw113 said:

Anybody who has had an interview already, has anyone received an email stating that they haven't made a decision yet, but that you are still a competitive applicant and your app is still under review? I'm not sure what to think of this...

Personally that sounds promising to me. 

I was offered admission and passed it on because I ended up placing a deposit somewhere else. Maybe you'll hear something soon, it's still early. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, paapplicant2018 said:

I got an email offering admission but it didn't say anything about how long I would have to put down a deposit or any details like that. They said they would follow up but I haven't gotten anything yet. Does anyone else know how long they give to decide?

They will send an email with the official info as well as a letter. You have two weeks from the date on the letter to get your deposit postmarked in the mail. My letter was dated July 19th so I had until August 2nd to get it in the mail.

Hey everyone! 

I know two girls who are second year PA students at Salus who are currently looking for a 3rd roommate to move in ASAP. They live at the Towers at Wyncote, $650 a month, very nice place. They don't care if you are male or female. If you are looking for a place to live in the Elkins Park area contact Brooke at (317) 753-7774, or bsg0001@salus.edu 

Thanks.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, SonSooYun said:

I got the same email! I reached out for clarification, but it didn't help. Essentially they just restated the original email. Let me know if you guys receive any updates! Paprospect1229 SonSooYun

On 8/12/2018 at 2:03 AM, agymnast said:

I got the same email! I reached out for clarification, but it didn't help. Essentially they just restated the original email. Let me know if you guys receive any updates! Paprospect1229 SonSooYun

I got the same letter a few weeks ago. It sounds like a typical HR letter when you interview for a job but they are not interested. The "we will keep your file active" is just a nice way of saying "sorry but we are moving on with other candidates". To me, it seems like the admin person/people use to work in HR.

I could be wrong, but it seems from other emails/letters/calls communications people have had,  Salus admins are vague in order to be civil and let people down easy to save face. In my opinion, if they were interested, they would have offered that link with interview dates that are further down the road (afterall Salus is rolling admissions and they have way more applicants that interview spots, and we all know how amazing everyone's stats typically are)

I wish they were more direct instead of these misleading niceties as not to get peoples hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, mcj96 said:

Hi guys! I committed to the program and they told me that they would send a login for the My Salus portal, but I haven't gotten anything. Has anyone gotten this set up? Thanks!

I got an email this morning about how to set it up and that they will send out instructions for the gmail accounts soon! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived