Hello, my name is Maylily7! I really want to become a PA and apply to PA school upon graduation. What I would appreciate is advice to secure an acceptance and the likelihood I can get into one of these programs. Also, if you have any personal admissions stories I'd be happy to hear them! I just want to know if this is achievable for me. Also, if you have any schools/programs I might be a good fit/candidate for, please don't hesitate to mention them, I'd love to check them out!

Info about me: Biology major with a psychology and chemistry minor.
3.7 overall GPA, 3.5 Science GPA

Graduating in May 2018, have made Dean's List 7/8 semesters (still waiting to see how I do this semester)

Currently volunteering with my school's EMS unit and as of right now have about 100 hours. 

I don't have much health care hours but I am a certified EMT and plan to take a year off to gain experience as well as learn more about the field.

Thank you for your time and advice, I appreciate it a lot! :D
Maylily7

Once you accumulate HCE hours you will have a very high chance of getting in. Work full time during your year off and get around 2000 or more hours and you should be ok. My GPA was slightly less than yours when I applied but i had >4000 HCE hours and received 2 acceptances. Don't forget to maintain contact with professors if you will be asking them for a LOR, also, make sure you have at least one LOR from a PA. Study for GRE, get >300 and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Hey! I think you could be a great candidate for PA school. Your GPA is good, and schools really like volunteer hours - even better if they're medical which yours are. I think you're on the right track by taking a year off to further pursue EMT hours. I would also encourage you to get some shadowing hours if possible and make sure to apply early. Good luck!

Archived