Employer requesting high school diploma??

My guess is you are dealing with big corporate employer, and hired as traditional employee (same as dishwashers, cooks, etc) instead of by a physician recruiter.

I actually didn't take a job at one hospital because the HR manager (who was a nurse) demanded I fill out the online application that was geared toward general laborers versus professionsls.  They wanted full details of every school including high school, and every job (with no gaps), etc.  

I asked if physicians have to fill that out and she said no.  I told her I wasn't going to waste my time.  

All this after interview and job offer.  

13 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

If you really want the job, just request a transcript from the high school, not the diploma. Cheaper.

There is crap in the system everywhere. If you want the job, you've got to shovel a little of it.

You missed the part where the OP already tried that and they demanded the diploma

1 hour ago, BruceBanner said:

Probably the first of a long procession of HR torments to come.

recently had to submit a copy of a malpractice policy to an employer for recredentialing. the policy they had issued me. I asked them for a copy then sent it back to them. Yes, I already had a copy. was just proving a point.

Archived