Hey all,

I'm having some trouble deciding between becoming an RN or becoming a PA. I know there are many differences between the two professions, but that only seems to make my decision harder. Recently I just got accepted into my schools nursing program, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. For a very long time now I have wanted to be a PA but pretty much ruled it out because I thought the path it took to get there would be too hard. I have never been a straight A student (A's and B's with a rare C), and I know GPA is a heavily weighted factor in even getting considered for a PA program, not to mention the work you have to do if you get accepted! I am a very tenacious person. I know getting to PA school would be a challenge, but with all that considered, PA school is always on my mind. I feel like the only reason I am currently going for nursing is because I'm scared I would not be able to get into PA school (and if I don't then I'm kind of stuck). If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it! 

You're in a really good position with acceptance into a nursing program! While the rest of us prospective pa students are hustling as emts/cnas/medical scribes getting paid minimum wage... With non nursing undergrad majors, you'll be working as an rn getting paid big bucks while accumulating very valuable (the best hands on experience) direct pt care hours. Once you're done with school you'll have the option of applying both msn/np pa programs and whichever one accepts you first you can decide. I see lots of great opportunity for you not stuck! Feel free to msg me, I've done lots of research on this

Are you at the point where you keep receiving the same type of feedback about your personal statement? “Great job”, “Too bland”, “Needs work.” 

I remember wanting someone to just take the time to give genuine reflection rather than the packaged answers. 

If you are that person who wants honesty and helpful comments, I would like to extend my time and attention towards you. Just for my time, I will charge $30. I have already worked with two other students under this agreement and have given more time than what this small fee would naturally cover. But it’s worth it to me and I personally believe it will be worth it to you. Please PM me if you’re interested. 

Tim Loerke, PA-C

Archived