2018 Applicants post here!

I honestly also feel that narrowing your choices to just MDC, although a great school, you’re narrowing your chances of being noticed by another great school. Your education is an investment, don’t leave out othe opportunities to spend multiple years applying to one school just because of cost. Nonetheless you’re all wonderful and will get in :-) stay positive. 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was told they finished sending emails yesterday, if you haven't gotten an acceptance or a waitlist notice then you did not get in.

This was not my first time, have been waitlisted twice so I have to reevaluate whether I want to keep trying at this school. For those that is your first time, they would probably email the rollover around April or May.

Good luck to all in you future endeavors.

11 hours ago, gansakc said:

Hi! How are you?

Arleht's friend is Christine, if I am not mistaken. I am also wondering if she got in. :)

Ahhh Christine! lol.I just remembered she was blonde which is why i confused her with Shannon. Thanks! I contacted Arleht but she never got back to me so not sure.

Congrats to those who got in you will do great! For those waitlisted, keep faith alive you still have a good shot! As for me, I'm pretty sure that I will receive a rollover email sometime soon and will be preparing for my fourth round lol. I will not give up! I'll be praying that the fourth time is a charm [emoji16] lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Assilem1123 said:

Ahhh Christine! lol.I just remembered she was blonde which is why i confused her with Shannon. Thanks! I contacted Arleht but she never got back to me so not sure.

Lol Hope to see Christine at the campus in May.

See you around, dear

Congratulations to those who were accepted, and to those that didn't keep your heads up, everyone has different timing, your time will also come.

I actually have a question for anyone that is a current/past scribe. I am trying to apply for a training program to become a scribe, and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations. I have looked at different programs but they are hard to contact or obtain information from, or they are very expensive. I am wondering if this is the regular procedure to become a scribe. I was also thinking of becoming a Medical Assistant but it is longer and I am currently working on my bachelor so I want to focus more on that. Any advice on becoming a scribe or on any other experience that will help your application for the PA program other than shadowing?

1 hour ago, Jason Diaz said:

Congrats to those who got in you will do great! For those waitlisted, keep faith alive you still have a good shot! As for me, I'm pretty sure that I will receive a rollover email sometime soon and will be preparing for my fourth round lol. I will not give up! I'll be praying that the fourth time is a charm emoji16.png lol

Next year will be my 4th year as well. I think what hurt me this year was my GPA a 3.2 I will have to take chem 1045 and 1046 and see if it brings my GPA up. Keep working hard Jason I have seen u on this forum the last couple of years and I know you want this as bad as I do. Good luck

Next year will be my 4th year as well. I think what hurt me this year was my GPA a 3.2 I will have to take chem 1045 and 1046 and see if it brings my GPA up. Keep working hard Jason I have seen u on this forum the last couple of years and I know you want this as bad as I do. Good luck
Same to you!!!

Hi everyone I've been following this forum for sometime, but this is my first time posting. Congrats to those who were accepted! I'm excited to say that I was accepted and eager to meet everyone! For those that did not get in, I know how heart breaking it is but please don't give up! This is my third time applying to PA programs, first time applying to MDC ( had to repeat my chem classes) so I know the struggle. The key is to apply to multiple programs in order to increase chances and continue working towards making yourself more competitive.

Congratulations to all those accepted!! And to those still waiting, keep your heads up - stay persistent!!

To those who received an acceptance letter - was anyone else missing the 8 attachments that were supposed to come with it? Mine came without any attachments and I've emailed 3x about it with no response..

Just now, Evan123 said:

The acceptance letter is a sample. They will be sending out the 8 documents sometime in the soon to near future. It freaked me out as well lol.

Whew! OK, that's what I thought, but when it had been quite a few days, I began to worry. Thanks for clarifying!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 0:52 PM, Silvia said:

Congratulations to those who were accepted, and to those that didn't keep your heads up, everyone has different timing, your time will also come.

I actually have a question for anyone that is a current/past scribe. I am trying to apply for a training program to become a scribe, and would like to know if anyone has any recommendations. I have looked at different programs but they are hard to contact or obtain information from, or they are very expensive. I am wondering if this is the regular procedure to become a scribe. I was also thinking of becoming a Medical Assistant but it is longer and I am currently working on my bachelor so I want to focus more on that. Any advice on becoming a scribe or on any other experience that will help your application for the PA program other than shadowing?

Hey silvia I currently work as a scribe for the company Scrivas. You should be able to find their contact info on their website. They are almost always hiring but admit they are sometimes difficult get in contact with. Just keep calling/ emailing them if you don't hear back, they will reply eventually.

Hello! For everyone who didn’t get in this year let’s keep our heads up. A year goes by quick. Let’s try to start preparing from now so that we can have a greater chance when the time comes again. I created a new forum/topic for 2019 applicants. 2019 Applicants Post Here [emoji4]
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2107&share_tid=45963&url=https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/45963-2019-Applicants-Post-Here-%F0%9F%98%8A&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

Congratulations for those that got accepted! 

I have been following this forum but never posted. I applied this cycle for the first time and even took the admission test and essay. I was sad that I did not get the best grade I know I could have gotten. I made a 19.5 which I think I could have gotten a better grade if I had studied the math conversions better ( not that I do not know how to do them... it was that I did not look at them), in other words I did not prepare properly. I was very confident on the Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology parts of the test but the the math messed me up. I believe that is why I did not get an interview at all. Anyways, I know I want to start preparations on the next application cycle. I see some of you have re-applied several times, what is the method to apply again? Do we submit as like the first time, or is there another way? Can we use the same reference letters? Do you think shadowing a P.A is helpful or actually being employed as a scribe can make a difference in creating a better looking application. For those who got accepted, is there any way you all can describe what was it that helped you get accepted. Anything would be helpful, thanks

Does anyone  know if the PA program requires the purchase of MDF instruments stethoscope and sphygmomanometer? I ask because I have a 3M Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope and a Welch Allyn blood pressure cuff which are great and have been using for work.

Good day everyone! Congratulations to all the applicants that were accepted! Wishing you all success in this exciting journey.

To the applicants that will be reapplying next year, whom here will be repeating chemistry?  I have my biology degree, but my chm1045 &1046 have expired. I am retaking them this summer at north campus. Anyone else retaking these courses? 

Also, if anyone is starting a study group I would love to join after my classes end in August. 

Sadly, I did not get an interview but I will try again. I know I didn’t do wonderful on the exam and I need some additional patient care experience. For those reapplying, don’t give up , keep trying! If you want it bad enough you won’t give up. I won’t give up just because I did not make it this year, I will just push myself to improve and succeed for the next year! 

I have worked in the pharmaceutical field for 13 years and have seen patients who fight for their life and push themselves . If they can fight for their life through all the pain , then we all can fight to succeed to push ourselves to get into the program and do better. 

Archived