2018 Applicants post here!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering the same thing. I interviewed 2 Monday’s ago. I wonder what order they’re following. I am sooo nervous! Been working toward this goal for so long now as I’m sure you all have too. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ah, the anxiety! Lol 

Congrats to all that got accepted!
Has anyone that interviewed on Wednesday gotten an email? Just trying to determine if they are going by interview date. The wait is killing me.

Hello, I interviewed on Wednesday and nothing yet on my end [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Jason Diaz said:

One thing I've learned is that there is no format to this thing so don't stress yourself trying to figure it out. Just stay hopeful until you get accepted or receive a roll over email.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you Jason ? you are absolutely right. There’s no point in stressing. We'll find out soon enough. 

Hey guys! I can only imagine how you guys feel , it is such a stressful moment. I interviewed Wednesday afternoon and received the acceptance so I don't think they're doing it in that order. Just remain calm, it's a new week and I am really rooting for you guys[emoji173]

20 minutes ago, Patobe2019 said:

Hey guys! I can only imagine how you guys feel , it is such a stressful moment. I interviewed Wednesday afternoon and received the acceptance so I don't think they're doing it in that order. Just remain calm, it's a new week and I am really rooting for you guysemoji173.png

Thank you!! It definitely is stressful, especially for those of us who have applied previously. Thank you so much for the positive words ❤️❤️❤️  I can’t wait to find out already. 

On 3/6/2018 at 9:20 AM, PrePAJay said:

Hey sorry, just saw this. Yes, I believe a bachelors degree is required from this year forward if I am not mistaken.

A bachelors degree wasn’t required for this years entering class. They are still waiting on approval to be a bachelors program. As of now, they are not and do not require a bachelors degree to enter. I got this information from one of our professors. 

10 minutes ago, Angie010 said:

Hello everyone, I just got an email that I’ve been placed in the final 4th alternate list. emoji174.png

Angie, I just received an email and I’m 2nd alternate :-/ I’m so bummed out too ? I felt so good about this year. 

8 minutes ago, Angie010 said:

Yeah, I did too. It really is so heart breaking.

I wonder what the chances are that people will decline acceptance, like if it happens often ? Anyway, everything happens in right timing. I will remain positive and keep trying. I’m never giving up. 

1 minute ago, Sjune001 said:

I just got put on the 1st alternate list. Does anyone know how the different lists work? Definitely disappointed but will continue to try. Best of luck to everyone.

I’m assuming that it’s just an alternate list in which people are placed in case those who were accepted decline because they can’t start for whatever reason. You are first in line, so basically if anyone doesn’t accept, you will be the first person they call to offer that seat to. I’m 2nd in line, Angie is 4th, etc. You have the highest chance so keep the faith :)

Well after many years of trying I think I know how this story ends. I have officially thrown in the towel after 4 years. Looks like I'm not cut out to be a PA. This forum was a good support system over the years and I wish all of you who received acceptance a very successful journey.

Just now, dr. kitty said:

Well after many years of trying I think I know how this story ends. I have officially thrown in the towel after 4 years. Looks like I'm not cut out to be a PA. This forum was a good support system over the years and I wish all of you who received acceptance a very successful journey.

I’m so sorry you didn’t get in :-/ But please don’t give up! Have you only applied to Miami Dade? The fact you didn’t get in to this school does NOT mean you are not cut out to be a PA! So so not let this get in the way of your dreams! Nothing worth in life comes easy. Remember that there’s hundreds of applicants but only 55 seats once a year. It is an extremely competive program in any university for this reason. But please, do not feel that in any way you aren’t cut out to be a PA, you just haven’t had the chance to start the program. Be positive and never give up on your dreams.

Don't give up.. I mean I get the frustration and I'm only on the third attempt. Obviously you began this journey for a reason so don't forget that! Have you tried any other programs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the feedback everyone. We all have been in the same boat the last couple of years and trust me I feel the same way. I'm preparing already for next year mentally because the alternate list is still not in. If this is what you really want don't give up.

Have faith guys, and don't give up!

If this is what you want to do, keep applying. Work hard to make your application stronger and be positive! It took me 3 times to get in, getting an interview each time. I shadowed PA's that are involved with the school, I attended health fairs, and got my bachelors; I did everything to get noticed. The application is very important, medical experience, references etc....

Work hard and you will achieve it! I know it sucks to be let down, but use it as fuel to try harder! If anyone has any questions about the program or anything at all feel free to send me a message. I am here to help.

Stephanie Zelaya PA-S 

Archived