2017-2018 Cycle: MBKU

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PACiswhatIwillbe said:

I’m so excited to see that acceptances are already going out and from what I see, all had MBKU as their top choice. I’m a first year and helped with interviews on the first day. I believe Tara was in my group! :) and to everyone else still waiting...don’t freak out! I interviewed early like you guys, but didn’t hear back until late January. I’m a firm believer that you will end up where you’re meant to be and in the right timing! Enjoy the holidays and be patient. I know it’s easier said than done. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

Thanks for the encouragement!! :) it’s so great to hear that you interviewed early and were accepted in Jan! Definitely gives me hope to stay positive! Merry Christmas!! 

And congrats @dreambigworkharder! Best of luck to you!!! Their interview was a great experience!! 

@katie16 @SonSooYun

congrats on receiving interviews! I interviewed earlier this month and it was a great experience! Very relaxed and genuine compared to other programs! Honestly I was definitely overthinking it and too nervous because they really just want to get to know who you are as a person outside of academics. I truly loved their process and can’t wait to hear back!! Just relax and enjoy the day, the pressure is non existent!! Best of luck! Hope to be future classmates! 

17 hours ago, katie16 said:

Congrats to everyone who already got accepted! I just received my invitation to interview in January! Does anyone who already went through the process have any tips/advice?

Hey Katie,

My advice would be to remain confident! You’re being interviewed for a reason! It’s easy to self doubt and start comparing yourself to others. We all have our own journies. Think about what makes you stand out among your peers. Be genuine :) Good luck! 

11 minutes ago, kslingerland said:

Hi everyone! I just found this forum. I was accepted from the 12/1 9am interview group last week! I've turned down my other acceptances and I'm so excited to be going to MBKU next year! I'd love to join the FB group to start getting to know my fellow classmates :)! Would someone be willing to add me to the group?

Awesome! Click on the FB link previously made and click add me. Daniel will add you! Welcome to the club!

On 12/21/2017 at 5:49 PM, ISAMAPA said:

Just received a "waitlist for interview" email. Has anyone ever heard of someone receiving an interview after being placed on the waitlist? Or is just about everyone placed on this waitlist

I was also put on the waitlist for interview list and was wondering the same thing. 

My interpretation: it means we're great candidates, we qualify for an interview at their awesome program out of the thousands of applicants but because of the high volume of highly qualified candidates, we will be on standby until a candidate scheduled for an interview drops / gets accepted elsewhere /decides not to attend after rsvping we will be called next based on mbkus prospective pre pa students. That's seems to be the beauty of mbku they are letting us in the loop whereas other programs will send a last minute interview invite. If anyone in oc wants to meet up and do some mock interviews while we wait let me know! I've been doing mock interviews with friends before their interviews, they all got in so anyone reading this let me know if you wanna bring each other some luck with some work for that acceptance!!!

12 minutes ago, ShazzPA said:

I was also put on the waitlist for interview list and was wondering the same thing. 

Hello Everyone.,

Just wanted to offer some hope and words of encouragement.  Don't give up hope!  I applied super late to pretty much all the schools I applied to - MBKU 10/13. Received the interview invite 12/20 and scheduled for 1/26. MBKU makes 2 interviews. Interviewed at Yale in November, ultimately rejected. Of 9 schools applied to, rejected outright from most (or haven't heard back and don't expect to). I had already pretty much resolved myself to having to apply next cycle when I got the email. 

Since most people are curious about stats for those who are offered an interview:

GPAs are barely over the minimums, although respectable as a post-bacc.  Hard to raise a 2.57 undergrad GPA, but 10 years later...! Other numbers are pretty good.

sGPA: 3.01        post-bacc (100+ semester hours): 3.80,    3.93 last 60 hours

cGPA: 3.08        post-bacc: 3.85

GRE: 319 (161VR, 158QR), 5.5

PCE: ~1800 hours Army medic training (4 years enlisted)

HCE: ~3000 hours Army medic & EMT-Paramedic (training in the Army, haven't worked as a Paramedic outside the military yet)

Research: ~6300 hours In Vitro diagnostic assay design R&D, Stem cell research intern, Stem cell Research Associate focused on neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric disorders (mainly Parkinson's, Bipolar Disorder)

So basically, I applied late, GPAs suck (unless the school cares more about recent work than overall numbers), have been rejected by all but 2 schools. I hoped for the best and expected the worst - even my pre-health adviser who is a PA didn't think I'd get any interviews this year. Keep the faith. I have always felt that things happen for a reason, and when they are meant to. If I don't get in anywhere this year, I'll get more experience, shadow more PAs, add more volunteer hours, etc. and apply again EARLY this time!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for some good news! Happy New Year!

Archived