Loma Linda Univ. School of Allied Health Prof. 2017-18

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe people typically hear about invitations about a month or so roughly before they interview.  i interviewed december of 2015 and got a call in november.  i was the third interview group and they did about one a month so the first group was in october.  i know last year though the interviews got pushed back and they did it much later, most of them after the first of the year, rather than in the fall.  i have no idea how they are going to do it this year though.  even if you haven't heard anything by november/december, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't still get an interview because they could still possibly go into february.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RRAtoPA said:

Lyrical, I'm sorry to hear that news!  Interesting that they would advise you to reapply if you don't get in anyplace else.  Did they give you any reasons why you were rejected or suggestions towards reapplying?  Were you missing classes or hours of work?

I have not contacted the admission department yet will keep you posted and thank you.

12 hours ago, RRAtoPA said:

Lyrical, I'm sorry to hear that news!  Interesting that they would advise you to reapply if you don't get in anyplace else.  Did they give you any reasons why you were rejected or suggestions towards reapplying?  Were you missing classes or hours of work?

Unfortunately they don't consider CNA as a HCE. Been a CNA for 5 years with close to 10000 paid working hours. Good luck everyone.

hgross594.  I would agree with Pez and call the program and talk with them.  It's actually 2000 hrs and not 3000 hrs.  So, depending on how close you are and how many hours you work a week... you might still be able to squeeze it in before the Oct. 1 app deadline.  Or if you're going to be close, they might be ok with you applying.  So, I would definitely call.  They might say no, but you wouldn't be in any different situation than having not applied at all... other than a bit more knowledgeable.  :)  Good luck!

Does anybody have any insight on the interview process?  I read somewhere that somebody had wished they had reviewed his/her med term.  I wouldn't have thought of questions regarding that.  

I know it's still early in the app process... but has anyone heard anything?  This not knowing is chewing away at me!

1 minute ago, RRAtoPA said:

Does anybody have any insight on the interview process?  I read somewhere that somebody had wished they had reviewed his/her med term.  I wouldn't have thought of questions regarding that.  

I know it's still early in the app process... but has anyone heard anything?  This not knowing is chewing away at me!

You should know some medical terminology. If you've been actively working with patients, you should be ok. It's not too crazy.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:34 AM, hgross594 said:

I only have about 1500 hours of PCE. I know the website says that they require 3000 hours. Should I even bother applying?

I had about 1100 hours at the time of application last year and applied anyway (they want the 2000 hours by the time of matriculation), and I got one of the last interviews in February, by which time I had passed 2000 hours! I didn't get in, hence me being in this forum again. But the point is, it's worth a try!

Archived