2017-2018 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DanielleZ said:

I also have an interview on Nov 16th!  For those who already interviewed, did they have your file open during it? 

Hey Danielle, 

Yes, they have your file open during the interview and will be taking notes throughout the interview process. If you have any more specific questions, I'd love to help!

10 minutes ago, EmilyGa said:

I have an interview November 16th. Any advice going into the interview? If willing to share.. what kind of questions are expected to be asked. 

This is my first interview so I am nervous and want to be well prepared. 

Thanks in advance!!

@EmilyGa..as cliche as it sounds, relax and be yourself!! :)   Read over your application and your personal statement, remember who you are and how you got here!! :) The staff/interviewers are wonderful, they really do want to get to know "you" and who you are.  Take a second to think about your responses, don't be in a rush...it truly is a very laid back interview.  No off the wall or out of left field questions!!  Best of luck to you...let us know how it goes.

7 hours ago, MaryFred said:

@EmilyGa..as cliche as it sounds, relax and be yourself!! :)   Read over your application and your personal statement, remember who you are and how you got here!! :) The staff/interviewers are wonderful, they really do want to get to know "you" and who you are.  Take a second to think about your responses, don't be in a rush...it truly is a very laid back interview.  No off the wall or out of left field questions!!  Best of luck to you...let us know how it goes.

@EmilyGa I couldn’t say it better myself (@MaryFred) Just remember to smile! They already want you - or at least... they think you have what it takes to succeed in the rigors of a PA program. Now you have to show them that you have the social skills that coincide with being a great provider!

Best of luck to you! 

4 hours ago, zrader said:

The gentleman I spoke with who isn’t on the forum was also accepted to the GA campus! Have you interviewed yet?

I actually applied to the PA campus, I was just asking since I saw ur post on the PA thread as well. I haven't gotten an interview invitation. I applied the beginning of this month since I wasn't planning to apply until next year but I'm just giving it a try. I have nothing to lose other than +$300. lol

Congratulations by the way!!

@Alicep1990 Oops! I just removed my post on the PA Campus thread. I thought it was a GA campus thread with less activity!

Anyway, I think that it’s a good idea to apply and familiarize yourself with CASPA and the entire process. Even if you aren’t completely ready, the entire process will be much easier for you next year and you’ll have such a long time to tweak things here and there, not to mention the full year you have to strengthen your application. 

Also, you applied before the deadline, so who knows? Did you get an email from PCOM indicating that they received your application, and if so did you submit the supplemental?

That is what I thought, you just never know until you try. All it takes is that one person to look at your application and give you a chance. I have over 10,000 hours of direct patient care which it will help me hopefully.

I did receive the supplemental and they have everything they need. Did you get in on your first try? 

On 11/15/2017 at 0:13 AM, Alicep1990 said:

That is what I thought, you just never know until you try. All it takes is that one person to look at your application and give you a chance. I have over 10,000 hours of direct patient care which it will help me hopefully.

I did receive the supplemental and they have everything they need. Did you get in on your first try? 

Yes, it was my first try. 10,000 is more than I have!

Archived